Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2005, 02:45 AM
New User

carver0267 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bucking at 4k rpms

00 Lightning, belongs to my brother, just the middle man here.

6# lower pulleys, had the chip flashed by some shop in georgia, cat back exh, not a whole lot of mods. We just put in ngk plugs and a fuel filter. At about 4k it bucks and won't rev anymore it does sound like it is pinging, pcm retards timing. I don't won't to pull the plugs back out, but that is the last thing i did. We have 91 octane in Kansas, he had 93 in Georgia. Don't know if the colder plugs and the crap gas, or that the plugs haven't been changed untill 90k miles. It may have a bad tune. I rewally just need help or even a guess at this point.

I really don't want to do plugs again....thx
Old 10-19-2005, 06:40 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 10-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Junior User

jb1983 is starting off with a positive reputation.
93 or 94 would be great , see if some nearby stations carry race fuel. Near Wichita in Schulte they have 110 unleaded at the pump a gallon or two of that should help rule out detonation (if not some torco would work)Also check the plug gap, 0.034 to 0.036 is what most Lightnings with a #4 or #6 pulley run. Also you may want to check out nloc.net there are a ton of lightning owners over there that should be able to help you trouble shoot more. I have just started to mod so i have yet to experience any difficulties like your facing (knock on wood). Be careful if it is detonating these trucks do not have a working knock sensor so if its detonating you'll have to listen for it. Good luck.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Posting Guru

Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.
is this happening while driving or in the driveway reving the throttle?

if the vehicle is not under a load such as driveway reving you are hitting the rev limiter.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:06 PM
New User

spark plug gap it right. does it when driving.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Posting Guru

Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.Ponyracer has a good reputation on FTE.
Sounds like a call to that Georgia shop with questions about their reflash of the PCM is in order.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:38 PM
New User

thx for the help guys, just didn't know if anybody had any ideas or had run into this before. thx again
Old 10-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Senior User

Milwaukee is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile

I think that program is f--ed up. you should have gotten your own tuner and did it yourself. I isnt hard to do.I have the same set up but a 4 pound pulley.I have the K&N filter charge kit, and glass packs. I used the superchips tuner and the 4hp tune in it. I have had no problems at all. I run 13.5s in the 1/4 mile at 102mph. with 92 octane. I wouldnt run your truck that much like that or you will break something.

Last edited by Milwaukee; 10-21-2005 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:34 PM
New User

I isn't being driven until i figure out what is going on. I starting to think it is the tune. I will talk to my brother and see if he wants the predator, it sounds like the one most people have. I will be checking this post from time to time.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150