Hey guys, if you know anyone looking for a new (used) Ford, I am putting out the feelers!! Seems the family has finally outgrown the SuperCab so I am currently looking for a CrewCab. I know as a trade-in, the dealer will bone me so I'm trying to sell this on the open market.
I do not NEED to sell, so unless I get what I need out of it, the kids can just be uncomfortable in the backseat!!
Here is a cut-n-paste from an ad I threw on Craigslist. I don't know if the price is realistic, but market fluctuates a lot but I am open to reasonable offers if it's too high!
2002 Ford F-250 XLT SuperDuty. SuperCab, Longbed, 4x4, 5.4L gas motor, 4.10 gears, 133,000 miles. Plow package which includes stronger front springs (Truck was NEVER plowed), tow package, off-road package, oil cooler, transmission cooler. I am the second owner and I bought this truck in April of 2003 with only 6,400 miles on it so in reality, I have owned it the vast majority of it's life.
Power steering, brakes, tilt, cruise, A/C (ice cold), power windows, power locks, power mirrors (manual extend). AM/FM/CD/Cassette, fog lights, bedliner, cloth bucket front seats with fold-down center seat. Fold-up rear bench seat, sliding rear window.
- 2005 front end ("facelift" includes bumper, headlights, header panel and grille)
- 2009 bed and tailgate that includes step and cam (camera not yet connected because I haven't upgraded radio to DVD)
- 295/70R17 Nitto Mud Grappler tires
- 17x10" Raceline Predator chrome wheels
- Gibson stainless steel headers
- Custom stainless steel dual exhaust
- MBRP Stainless exhaust tips
- SPD Y-pipe (replaces restrictive factory Y-pipe)
- Powerslot Cryoslot slotted rotors - these brakes are head-and-shoulders above the already heavy-duty OEM brakes!!
- Hawk LTS brake pads
- Stainless Steel braided brake lines
- Bilstein rear shocks
- Custom overhead console
- includes space for CB, sunglasses, ipod and has 6 Contura switches for future upgrades
- 3-pod A-pillar
- Water Temp, Trans Temp and Oil Pressure AutoMeter Phantom II gauges
- Brake controller; Tekonsha P3 - best electronic brake controller on the market
- K&N Air Filter
- Optima Blue-top gel battery
- Body-matching door handles (replacing the cheap-looking black handles)
- Nerf bars (side steps)
- Dark window tint
- Jimmijammer anti-theft device
- Comp-u-star 3000' two-way remote start and alarm
- F-350 fender badges
New/replaced items include:
- Spark plugs and COPs (Coil packs) - yes all 8 replaced at about 110k miles
- Radiator - dual core which is DOUBLE the volume of the OEM radiator
- Upper/Lower radiator hoses
- Water pump
- Fan clutch
- Upper and Lower ball joints
- Front axleshaft U-joints
- Sway bar end links
This is an extensive list but not comprehensive, there is even more but mostly minor detail items such as a subwoofer box behind the rear seat (the only subwoofer I have ever seen behind the rear seat of an extended cap Super Duty)!! However, it's not hooked-up as this is part of the not-yet-completed stereo upgrade plans.
As you can see, this truck has extensive upgrades and add-ons. It has been extremely well cared for and maintained. Oil changes every 5k miles up to 100k miles and now every 3k miles. Tires rotated every other oil change. With 33" tires, the front end is as tight as new!! I have receipts for just about every upgrade I have done and most of the maintenance.
I (and my son) have done 95% of the work on this truck with only the major items (headers, ball joints) being done at a local trusted shop. The truck is not perfect (I am missing one of the tailgate caps - no idea where it went! Could use front shocks as well and the bottoms of the doors are just starting to show some rust), it is 10 years old but it is in excellent condition. At this time my family has outgrown the Supercab and we must move into a Crewcab. Otherwise, there is no way I would let this truck go!! I would happily own it another 10 years!! Easily, the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned and I had an 1987 F-250HD for 9 years prior to this truck!!
$15,900 and I will listen to all REASONABLE offers. This is a nice truck and will offer the next owner years of service!! Clear title in hand!! Email me and we can exchange numbers or texts - you won't be disappointed! Please put "BLUE" in the subject line so I can weed out the spam - thanks!!
* - the CB and Back Rack do NOT go with the truck, sorry!!
* - note that the photo in the gas station has the original 2002 front end. There was NO damage to the original front end, I just did it because I like the 2005-2007 front end better!!