Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2005, 12:23 AM
New User

h0trod_falcon65 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question 1973 F250 specs

Hey guys,
I've put a 390ci from a 73 F250 into my 65 falcon and was wondering what the specs were on it. Its a stock 2bbl engine. The only specs I've been able to find online are for the 4bbl. It has an Edelbrock 390 performer intake and Edelbrock 725 carb, but I didnt' change the cam. If you could give me a little advice on it or let me know anything, i'd appreciate it. I was finding that the stock 4bbl was producing 300 bhp, so I'm not sure what i have with this one.

Thanks
Holli
Old 10-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Post Fiend

ford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to all
it should have around 200 hp and 360 ft pounds.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:55 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
...Welcome Holli, to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 10-17-2005, 09:38 AM
New User

Really? Only about 200? I'm hoping that's to the wheels...lol.
And thank you for welcoming me.
Holli
Old 10-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Elder User

T18skyguy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just out of curiosity, hows it handle and how fast does it do the quarter mile and what kind of gas mileage are you getting?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:53 PM
New User

Mil1ion is starting off with a positive reputation.
You are actually looking to find out the specs of a 390 2v engine ...not the actual truck...right ?

Engine specs in Trucks are something Ford hid from people.

I'll see what I can find.

Maybe check in the FE engine series forum ?

EDIT:

195 hp @ 4400 rpm
319 ft lbs torque @ 2400 rpm

Last edited by Mil1ion; 10-17-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Post Fiend

ford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0trod_falcon65
Really? Only about 200? I'm hoping that's to the wheels...lol.
And thank you for welcoming me.
Holli
well rear wheel hp may be about 150 or so. torque will still be about 340 ft pounds of torque. where are you at in the east bay?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:47 PM
New User

I'm in Oakley.

And sorry guys, she hasn't ran the quarter yet and I still have no idea how she handles. I still need a driveshaft and a to finish the brake lines in the front to get her streetable, but i also have home-made open headers on her, so gotta do something with the exhaust to get her steet legal. Then of course the other little things that you need... like gauges, etc. I do have a video of the first time I turned her over on my webpage. Check it out @ www.lemanz.net/holli.htm

And yes, i'm looking for the specs of the 390 itself, not the truck. I was just letting you know what truck the engine came out of.

I'm actually a member of an FE forum somewhere on the internet... they didn't have much input for me, so I kind of forgot what website it actually was...lol.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Posting Guru

hotroddually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hotroddually is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
welcome to FTE.i went to you website and looked at your car and the progress so far. it looks like it will be a lot of fun.enjoy the project,its half the fun,the other half is the finished vehicle.-billy
2004 f-150 supercrew FX4
2006 harley davidson softail fxst; -'05 suzuki quad
2006 wells cargo roadforce trailer (my toy hauler)
Old 10-17-2005, 09:28 PM
New User

yeah, i haven't been able to do to much to it the last few months, to many other things going on but it'll be a cool car i think. Next step is wrapping the front and putting a straight axle under it.

I really do own a ford truck though...lol my boyfriend and I have a 71 F250 and if you count this as a ford... we have a 71 IH travelall too. And I'm working on getting a 72 F150 right now if the guy will take a trade for it!!
Holli

PS... know anyone in Northern Cali interested in buying a 1971 International Harvester Travelall, 4wd, 4spd, 345ci, runs, needs a front wheel cylinder and radiator.
Just checkin =D
Old 10-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0trod_falcon65
I'm in Oakley.

And sorry guys, she hasn't ran the quarter yet and I still have no idea how she handles. I still need a driveshaft and a to finish the brake lines in the front to get her streetable, but i also have home-made open headers on her, so gotta do something with the exhaust to get her steet legal. Then of course the other little things that you need... like gauges, etc. I do have a video of the first time I turned her over on my webpage. Check it out @ www.lemanz.net/holli.htm

And yes, i'm looking for the specs of the 390 itself, not the truck. I was just letting you know what truck the engine came out of.

I'm actually a member of an FE forum somewhere on the internet... they didn't have much input for me, so I kind of forgot what website it actually was...lol.
i'm in brentwood.

the truck 390 specs are way lower than the car specs. the trucks had lower compression. try the fe forum here they have a ton of info.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Elder User

deisele75 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford390gashog
well rear wheel hp may be about 150 or so. torque will still be about 340 ft pounds of torque. where are you at in the east bay?
I thought that starting in the early 70's, all cars were rated at the rear wheels.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:44 PM
New User

no way! you're my neighbor! cool. Have you seen that primer black vert tempest gettin sideways and going WOT on all the roads?
Old 10-17-2005, 09:44 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1973, 390, 73, engine, f250, ford, gvwr, options, scepification, spec, specifications, specs, tires, truck, weight