Aerostar Ford Aerostar

I need someone to run a CARFAX for me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 04:58 AM
SearchingBearCub
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need someone to run a CARFAX for me...

I am (hopefully) going to see the '87 in person today (Sunday). I'm not sure what time, as the lady said to call her ahead of time and arrange it, plus my neighbor is driving me out to see it (About an hour one way).

I was thinking I'd run a Carfax report, and then my brain kicked it - How the hell can I run a Carfax with no computer, while pawing all over a van? If I like it, the lady wants my $100 deposit (Out of $500 obo) before I leave, so running it and coming back is out of the question.

I am aware that some people might find this request odd, but could SOMEONE, preferably that has access to a 30 day Carfax subscription, please PM me a phone # so that I can call them and have a Carfax run on the spot? It should only take a couple of minutes.

I wish I had thought to ask her for the VIN when I had her on the phone today. I thought brain farts didn't set in until I passed the 50 year mark - Shows how wrong I was, lol.

Old 10-16-2005, 12:53 PM
xuzme720
Elder User
shoot cub, I would but haven't had carfax for like 2 years or so. and the brain farts can happen at any time, so don't be too concerned, unless it's something like leaving the house THEN remembering your clothes are in the dresser.

Old 10-16-2005, 01:16 PM
SearchingBearCub
Freshman User
Well damn, thanks anyway Xuzme. It's a moot point anyway, or so I am led to think, as the lady told me to call her back today to set up a firm time to be there to see the van. When I called the # this morning, it led to voicemail with a mans voice saying that the van had been sold.

While my room-mate thinks that it is within the realm of possibilities that the message is referring to me, since I did tell the lady I was coming out there today, and that I would be leaving a deposit, I doubt it. Though to be sure, I did leave my name and numer after the beep.

Old 10-16-2005, 01:39 PM
93nighthawk
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if you don't get it, it was not meant to be. Sorry. I guess you are going to have to wait for them to call back, or try giving a call later. As for Carfax, the only way is with a computer, usually you need to ask for the full vin over the phone, or it is in the listing. I use it every time I am in the market for a vehicle, never know what might be hidden in there. Well worth the $25.

Old 10-16-2005, 02:47 PM
96_4wdr
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
millions of used vehicles out there now, economic conditions, ridiculously low interest rates for the past 3 years have driven new sales with trade ins to a crazed frenzy. dealer lots are plugged with used vehicles, personal sales are at record highs, no one wants to take the low ball tradein offers of the dealers.
take your time, spend a couple months looking, and pick the cream off the top.
a buyers market, which will disappear in 2-3 years when interst rates shoot above 10% on new car loans.