General Diesel Discussion  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.3l, 4d55 Mitsubishi Diesel engine parts??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 05:55 PM
craftsmangary
More Turbo
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
I'm also looking for parts for one of these engines. I have one with some broken rocker arms from a timing belt failure. I see some stuff on ebay and a complete rebuild kit, but it is Chinese stuff . BRAND NEW MITSUBISHI 4D55 4D55T ENGINE REBUILD KIT | eBay

I really need pistons, rings, liners, valves, bearings, and gaskets. A friend of mine is a automotive machinest and he says the parts warehouses don't have anything for these engines.

Old 03-17-2012, 12:12 AM
whawker
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to really hunt around for parts.

Rockauto.com seems to have a fair amount, including some engine parts, but be careful it's not the 2.3 80's Ford gasser, they mix them up.

Can't remember which website it was, might have been this one or maybe 4x4pirate, but someone said they'd had "decent" luck with the chinese rebuild kit. If I was trying to rebuild and not spend a lot of money, I'd take a shot at it, I think.

A third possibility, check craigslist in Vancouver, BC Canada for 4d55 and 4d56 engines and parts, they're still in use up there in various Mitsu and some Hyundai vehicles. I'm guessing you can get Korean Hyundai parts up there. There's a servicer up there that imports JDM and Korean stuff, I think. Rising Sun maybe?

Fourth, you can for sure get all the parts from Australia, and not too expensive. Just gonna have to pay some shipping and be patient.

But you're basically right, hard to find here in the US.

Good luck!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:42 AM
mikewarme
New User
Parts!

I have most parts. OR I can tell you where to get good parts. China stuff on ebay junk! The only part really hard to find for the ranger specifically are the pulleys and damper. Everything else is a match to the mitsubishi. ITM makes pistons in standard .020 and .040 over.

Mitsubishi still carries rocker arms. I have these too if needed. I also have rebuilt balancer shafts (Chrome plate for wear) and new oil pumps. Call me with your parts needs 818 268 3012 mikewarme@yahoo.com

Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 AM
whawker
New User
That's great news, thanks! I have one funny question, this thread started with talk about the harmonic balancer. My Ranger 4d55 has two pulleys down on the front crank, if I remember correctly one for the power steering pump, other for alternator/vacuum pump.

I don't think there is a separate harmonic balancer, just the pulleys, and I'm under the impression that the two countershafts are providing the balancing. Comments?

Old 04-13-2012, 10:44 AM
mikewarme
New User
Originally Posted by whawker
That's great news, thanks! I have one funny question, this thread started with talk about the harmonic balancer. My Ranger 4d55 has two pulleys down on the front crank, if I remember correctly one for the power steering pump, other for alternator/vacuum pump.

I don't think there is a separate harmonic balancer, just the pulleys, and I'm under the impression that the two countershafts are providing the balancing. Comments?
Wrong they have a balancer which is almost impossible to find. SomeOne please post a picture of a ranger diesel balancer. The pulleys for the ford ranger diesels where from ford . You could convert to the mitsu set up as parts are plentiful google craigslist 4d55 to find stuff too. Guy is selling while motor for 350 now

Old 05-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Preston Boop
New User
Ranger 2.3 diesel

Well folks it's been awhile. I never was able to buy engine mounts for my 1987 Ranger diesel. I ended up making new motor mounts out of a discarded NAPA big truck mud flap. I cut "T" shaped pieces with my band saw and folded them to fit and bolted the steel parts back together. The first one took three prototypes before I was satisfied. I enjoy driving this little truck but it has been a money pit. I now have an injection pump leak on a pump that was supposedly rebuilt just before I bought the truck. Any thoughts about a possible solution?

Old 05-06-2012, 09:54 PM
mikewarme
New User
Originally Posted by Preston Boop
Well folks it's been awhile. I never was able to buy engine mounts for my 1987 Ranger diesel. I ended up making new motor mounts out of a discarded NAPA big truck mud flap. I cut "T" shaped pieces with my band saw and folded them to fit and bolted the steel parts back together. The first one took three prototypes before I was satisfied. I enjoy driving this little truck but it has been a money pit. I now have an injection pump leak on a pump that was supposedly rebuilt just before I bought the
truck. Any thoughts about a
possible solution?
sorry no easy solution there. Obviously they didn't fix it right. Usually leaks at throttle shaft and front shaft.. If the leak is at main shaft it needs more than just a seal. Let me know exactly where it's leaking.....

Old 11-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Diazrld
New User
1986 ranger turbo diesel motor mounts

How did you make your motoe mounts? how are they working. I am in the same situation and have looked everywhere. I do have the ford part number for the motor mounts (E6tz6038F) but it has not helped. All of the large motor mount companys state that they never reproduced motor mounts for the 2wd ford diesel. There is a guy in texas that will make steel mounts for $225. I am not sure if that is the best way to go or not. Did you ever find a place to rebuild or recondition motor mounts? I am at a loss and need help with this issue.

THanks,
Ray

Old 12-23-2012, 09:33 AM
ORanger
New User
When I couldn't find new motor mounts I tore them apart and went to the glass shop for a tube of urethane .Then after cleaning the mount I held the two pieces in place (I think with a rare earth magnet) and filled them with urethane.It takes a while for the urethane to dry, but these mounts have been in service for years.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:26 PM
dmoneygage
New User
did you find the CDR? I too have oil out the dipdtick??
what is a CDR?

Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 PM
BryceR
New User
4d55T

I have a good amount of parts for the 4d55t. If anyone is interested and looking for something in particular feel free to contact me.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 AM
craftsmangary
More Turbo
Originally Posted by BryceR
I have a good amount of parts for the 4d55t. If anyone is interested and looking for something in particular feel free to contact me.
Doyou have any rocker arms? I need some intake and exhaust rockers

Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 AM
BryceR
New User
4d55t rocker arms

Yes I do. I also have a fully assembled head that's been pressure tested and had a valve job if interested.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:45 PM
craftsmangary
More Turbo
Yes I do. I also have a fully assembled head that's been pressure tested and had a valve job if interested.
Can you PM me your contact info

Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM
Dr. Rik
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
please call me at 925-765-6457, i am looking for the injection lines, from the pump to injectors

Quick Reply: 2.3l, 4d55 Mitsubishi Diesel engine parts??