General Diesel Discussion  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.3l, 4d55 Mitsubishi Diesel engine parts??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 08:22 PM
1dudly
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That would be great if you could get the address, phone info. the 2.2 I mentioned isn't mine just one I came across while looking for a 2.3 . The guy wants $350 dollars for it with the trans attached.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:00 PM
themrtoneloc
New User
Originally Posted by 1dudly
Do you have a harmonic balancer available?
i have an 86 ranger mitsubishi turbodiesel for parts soon p0ssibly its 2.3 was sitting for ayear just got balancer and timing sprocket fixed and it fired right up however there is a deep wump wump wump sound on left side of engine witch gets very loud if you remove air filter and a huge pressure build up and the main seal went i guess cause its leaking lots of oil now.any advice would be appreciated.if i can fix i will be selling truck without spare parts.i have spare fuel pump alternator starter radiator clutch fan waterpump turbo transmission injectors power steering unit and head with cam and everything intact

Old 01-18-2010, 10:54 PM
theblackmatrix3
New User
I would like to know if anyone would have or know where i could get an exhaust manifold for a 1987 ford ranger with the mitsubishi 4d55 2.3L turbo diesel in it. The exhaust manifold would need to be from a ranger, not the d-50 or mighty max because the exhaust manifolds are different.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:23 PM
corknut
New User
balancer

Hey guys, I came across this post and was wondering if anyone has figured out where to get a harmonic balancer for the mitsu 4d55? i'm definately in need of one.

also, does anyone know if there is a difference between the balancer from the v-belt motor to the serpentine belt motor?

and BLACKMATRIX3, there are two 4d55 manifolds on ebay i found. They both apparently came from a mitsu, but they are different from one another, maybe one is the variation from the ford that you need?

1983 1984 1985 Mitsubishi 4D55 Diesel EXHAUST MANIFOLD - eBay (item 400105585916 end time Dec-21-10 19:40:35 PST)

1983 1984 1985 Mitsubishi 4D55 Diesel TURBO MANIFOLD - eBay (item 400107626294 end time Dec-01-10 21:37:49 PST)

Old 12-13-2010, 04:17 PM
sexybluelady
Junior User
does anyone have any info on were I can find a 2.3 turbo diesel motor? I've been looking for one for awhile now. found a few but they were running trucks, none of them were for parts. Also would a trans from a 88 4x4 with a 2.9 bolt up fine to the 2.3? thanks pm me with any info. I'm for real about finding a motor.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:00 AM
1960camper
New User
Looking for parts for 4d55T diesel engine

Hello , does anyone have any spare parts or complete engine for sale. thanks

Old 01-09-2012, 08:10 PM
85 turbo ranger
New User
Hey guys Im havin the awfullest time finding parts for my 85 2.3 turbo deisel. Im wonderin if any of you all could point me in a direction of where I might could find a good rocker shaft or complete head or maybe even a good complete motor? Any help would be great and Thanks

Old 01-11-2012, 10:17 PM
craftsmangary
More Turbo
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by 85 turbo ranger
Hey guys Im havin the awfullest time finding parts for my 85 2.3 turbo deisel. Im wonderin if any of you all could point me in a direction of where I might could find a good rocker shaft or complete head or maybe even a good complete motor? Any help would be great and Thanks
Try this

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I have one of these engines in my friends machine shop to have the machine work done. He said the warehouse that he deals with can get everything except the rocker arms. I'll find out some more information probably with in the next week.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:44 PM
whawker
New User
Hi, I'm new to ford trucks forum, bumped into this thread, it looks recent so I'll add to it. I bought an 85 Ranger Turbodiesel a few months back, it's a project truck. Right now, I'm looking for a radiator, which is turning out to be difficult. Unless someone has a suggestion, I'm looking at a custom built for about $600 - Ouch!

Anyway, here's some help on parts and engines that I've found. First, RockAuto is your best source, but for Mitsu engine parts BE CAREFUL, look at the pictures, study it! Ford had a 2.3L gasser the same year in the Ranger, and lots of parts houses and their computers get confused. You can very easily end up with gas 2.3L parts which obviously don't work all that well. But I've gotten oil seals, timing belts, thermostats from them. A lot of the standard Ranger stuff (brake pads, rotors, steering) is the same on the turbo.

For complete engines, there are several options. One or two japanese engine importers get them in from time to time. Perez in California has one right now, I think. And here's the interesting one, there's an ad on Craigslist from 2 days ago (02/11/2012), an importer in California just got a full container of 4d55 and 4d56 engines and parts:

MITSUBISHI 4D55 and 4D56 PARTS

Another source is Canada, Vancouver specifically. The 4d56 engine is in use in Canada in Mitsu Delicas and a truck, I believe. The 4d56 is a 2.5, improved version of the 4d55 but still the same basic block. Craigslist/Vancouver will have 4d55 and 4d56 stuff fairly often. I think you can probably get new 4d55 parts up there as well from some of the shops or dealers.

I'm currently putting in timing belts and all the front oil seals to get my engine roadworthy. It has 207K on it now, but seems to run fine. I'm debating whether to keep it and put in a new turbo (I don't know the age of the current one) or just to upgrade the whole thing to a good used 4d56, which has around 15-20% more power.

Anyway, anyone knowing of a good radiator, send me a PM

Thanks!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Preston Boop
New User
87 Ranger 2.3 diesel

Anyone know where I can find engine mounts for my 1987 Ranger with a 2.3 mishibishi turbo diesel?

Old 03-11-2012, 01:40 PM
whawker
New User
Don't know. RockAuto shows a front left motor mount for 4wd version, nothing else. I've been wondering what I was going to do myself!

Is your truck running or a project?

Old 03-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Preston Boop
New User
87 Ranger diesel

My Ranger is recently purchased from SC. and is at a Pa. inspection station. It is is a drivable truck and only needs motor mounts and a fresh paint job. I make about 6000 gallons of bio-diesel per year and have a collection of diesels. Our collection of diesel cars and trucks consists of three BMW 524td, two VW Jetta tdi, two Chevy S-10 Isuzu 2.2, one Isuzu PUP, three Ford 7.3, two IH 466, one GMC 6.5 and one Ford Ranger 2.3. The Ranger appears to be the hardest to find parts for. Any help on the motor mounts for a 2WD Ranger with a Mishibishi 2.3 diesel will be apprieciated. I was hoping to get paint on the Ranger this week but will have wait until I get motor mounts. The BMW's are for sale. I plan to paint one of the S10's tomorrow.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 AM
mike manglos
Junior User
Napa has em. here is the part number BK 6021669. they keep trying to sell me diesel parts for my gasser. only seen one diesel ranger ever but the local napa is convinced there must be more diesel than gas as its the first thing they try selling me. someday i'll get the little diesel but then they will offer me gasser parts im sure.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:43 PM
whawker
New User
Man, that's great, thanks! I don't need mounts this instant, but I'm gonna check my local Napa. I posted a craigslist ad in LA for a containerload of 4d55 and 4d56 engines and parts arriving, but stupidly posted just the craigslist ad, not the actual importer. The ad's gone now. But, Perez wholesalers in LA is advertising a used 4d56 that "bolt on replaces" the 4d55 in a Mazda b2200, which was the same as Ford Ranger of that year. Folks could check with Perez and also Mazda dealers to see if there's mounts out there that way also.

I was surprised at how hard it is just to get OEM air filters for my 85 Ranger td. Rockauto still has some, I think.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Preston Boop
New User
Diesel Ranger motor mounts

Thanks for the Ranger diesel motor mount tip at NAPA Auto Parts. I have ordered them but from the picture on NAPA's site I'm guessing they will not fit. They do not look the same and I previously purchased a simular looking pair from LMC that would not fit. So I'm still looking for motor mounts for a 1987 Ranger 2.3 Mishibishi Diesel. Does anyone know of an aftermarket company or fabrication shop that might rebuild or repour my existing mounts. The steel parts are OK. Other than this, I'm excited about my little diesel truck.

Quick Reply: 2.3l, 4d55 Mitsubishi Diesel engine parts??