Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Junior User

hotshothauler is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Code P1212 Cause

Had 1,4 and 8 injectors rebuilt. Truck runs great! Got home and pulled P1212 code. Have replaced CPS,VSS, EBPS, running a Superchip. Is this code normal with this tunner? If not do I need to replace ICP?
Old 10-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Postmaster

wlihntr has a good reputation on FTE.wlihntr has a good reputation on FTE.
P1212 set by ICP sensor. ICP voltage not at expected level. biased sensor or ckt, open signal return, low oil in reservoir
http://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gall...oid=65664&.jpg

its good to have an open mind...but not so open that your brains fall out
Old 10-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Junior User

I have been using Rotella 15W-40 oil. Have also been using Lucus oil additive. Told by Ryan Bean @ Bean's Diesel Products, referral of Black Cloud Diesel (this is where I had injectors rebuilt) that this additive was not good for the truck. He has recommended Schaeffer's Oils and Specialized Lubicants. I will be changing my oil today.(Looks like the oil is thick). I have plenty of the Rotella 15W-40 on hand for this, as well as a new oil filter. Do you think this will clear the P1212 code, or do you think the sensor is going bad?I have pulled sensor and check high oil pressure pump, it is full.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Junior User

I've drained the oil and noticed that the oil in the high pressure pump is still full and is black. I do reguar oil changes using Rotella 15W-40 with Lucus oil additives. Is the Lucus causing oil to be thick and black and is this causing the possible P1212 code?
Old 10-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Junior User

Just wanted you to know I did some backtracking to find out about the P1212 code. It seems that when I had the 3 injectors rebuilt @ Beans Diesel that they had also gotten this code. They had forgotten to clear it before I came home. As it was explained to me, when they rebuilt the injectors,it is a standard code that comes up whenever the injectors are changed out, and the oil is drained out of the lines,then work on the injectors is done.The oil line is refilled in the lines and rail, causing this code. I did my regular oil change and used my scanner to clear the code. Truck runs great!
Old 10-15-2005, 09:57 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
1705, 2001, 2003, 73, clear, code, codes, diesel, expected, ford, icp, level, p1212, powerstroke, superchips, truck, voltage