Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wooddyusa

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

mjwhip2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool Don't forget to close your garages

Well I got the call from my wife the other day (I'm in Oklahoma right now), seems they didn't close the garage door at night. She called to ask what brand miter saw did I used to have. Used to have? Oh crap. Someone went in and stole my saw and a drill. They also tried to get some pneumatic tools (they dropped those down the driveway.
The cops think they know who did it but can't prove it yet. They just better be glad I didn't catch them, I'd probably be in jail right now.
The tools are just things, the thing that really upsets me is my wife and kids were in the house at the time.
I have to thank Clinton City police, they are upping security in my neighborhood and checking in with the wife regularly while I'm away (she is friends with the police chief).
Just remember to lock up everything and double check every night. Stay safe.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

wick246 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry to hear that whip...

I agree, it's not the loss of things that makes it bad. Your house is the one place you (and your family) go to feel safe and let your gaurd down. When that barrier gets broken it is a big deal.

2004 F-150 4x4 5.4L FX4 Supercab
1979 Bronco 4x4 400 C6 4.56's 35" tires
1979 F-250 4x4 400 NP435 4.56's 35" tires E locker
1979 F-150 4x4 400 C6 Supercab patiently waiting
Old 10-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
I hate that Mike. I'm in and out of town right now myself, but tell her if she needs anything to give me a call. If I'm in town, I'll go running - and if not, I'll send someone in my place...

When you can't buy what you want, build what you want.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

mjwhip2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the offer David. I really do appreciate it.
Today after class I felt I needed to take out a little aggression so I went to the gun range and rented a Springfield Armory XD40. I really like that gun. May have to go get myself one. Also shot a Glock 22 (.40 cal.) Must say I liked the XD much more. Felt better and got a tighter grouping.
Talk to everyone later.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

R Rocks is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think about securty and the things we could do to protect our selfs, sounds as if it was punks trying to turn a buck. Just not worth it, The Clinton police will do what they need to do to catch um. This was hit and miss, they had no ID what they would find in your garage. My daughter lives out your way, Clintion is a good city to live in.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

i1dery is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry man, its scary when things like that happen. A couple years ago my house was broken into while we where all sleeping, had many things taken and never recovered. So today we have a $2500 security system from brinks hard wired just to make my family feel safe in house. Something none of should ever have to do. Also at the same time i have a ching ching POW tool, hopefully ill never have to use it my wife would hate the mess.
Again sorry for the misfortune and hope your things are returned.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

goodie350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I agree it's not so much about having to replace the stuff, its the feeling that you can't let your guard down for one minute because it makes you think someones just lurking and waiting for you to slip up.

1993 F350 Crewcab
7.3 IDI turbo 4X4 SRW
Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Freshman User
Garage is empty, add now

redF-truck is starting off with a positive reputation.
a couple years ago when i lived in farmington i had a bunch of tools stolen out of my brothers truck. we were able to recover them but holy crap. cant people just work for their stuff like we all do?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Freshman User
Garage is empty, add now

97f3504x4ps is starting off with a positive reputation.
I engave mytools, I use paint markers to put my initials on them for quick ID (craft department at wal mart) and mark my tools in several places. I still have bean stolen from a couple of times this year. The advantages of marking tools is that they are more difficult to sell at pawn shops and if you have an elert police officer he might spot your tools especially if they have a suspect. Marking tools helps in identifying them if they are recovered, I figure the people that make them put there name on them I should put my name on them so I know who owns them legally. Also if a friend borrows a tool you can make sure you get it back.

97f3504x4ps
Old 11-11-2005, 11:10 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

Greezy is starting off with a positive reputation.
What really pisses me off is that if these theives know how much these tools mean to us and how hard we have worked to gain such a collection you would think they just MIGHT have the decency to think twice before acting. I agree mj, they should prey I never catch the punks that took my tools!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter