Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Hmm.... something to bring humor to you (at my expense)

Old 10-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm.... something to bring humor to you (at my expense)

Well, say goodbye to Shara for a while.
I was at the BCM watching Stan and Shara's flirtatious wrestling, when Stan got Shara in the most awkward hold I've ever seen them in. Shara was on her back, and had her legs bent forward, Stan was leaning over her telling her to give in or something. Then, the door opened and in walked a middle aged woman that I'd never seen before. I blurted out something stupid, like "I had nothing to do with this, I don't know these people". Stan and Shara didn't notice her... She walked over near them, and pointed like the Grim Reaper might gesture at a condemned man, and in a voice the would make angels cry said the two words "INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR". With that my fears were confirmed: Shara's mother had entered the building at the worst possible time. Shara marched outside for a lecturing, while Stan just lied there blinking for a while...
I'm sure Shara will be locked in a dungeon for some time.

Seriously, that says it all... what more is there to know?? This is from a buddy's weblog--and he coulnd't have said it any better. I don't even know what to do--lol.... do I laugh? What???

Shortly after--I get a call from her father--"Stan, this is Mr. _____--we need to talk. I don't have time now, but I am going to make time for the two of us to sit down with each other and discuss some things" was the message he left on my voicemail while I was in class.

I think Tim knows most of the story--but in case not (and for those who don't know)--I met this girl back in January, and we really hit it off. We became good friends--nothing more. This is the girl some of you have heard (well, at least I KNOW Tim has) me say I laid all the wood flooring in their new house--ahem--for FREE over the summer time. During the course of the summer, we started to really take a liking to each other--however, we decided that there really is no point in much more of a relationship because she'll be leaving off for Africa sometime soon (well, okay, it was a bigger deal to her than it was to me---heck, like I told her--she's not doing that for AT LEAST two years! I figured, why not give it a shot??!! ). Anyways, this is becoming long-winded. So--short story longer--I have discovered over the last 6 months or so that this girl should come with a disclaimer. Something to the extent of "Warning: Crazy parents--stay away" attached to her forhead. And when I say crazy--guys, I mean "drink the kool-aid" kind of crazy! Parents think that "dating leads to a higher divorce rate"-- RIGHT!

Anyways---then this happened today. I mainly posted this for y'alls humor--however, any real advice is accepted!

Thanks guys!

STan

BTW: She's a die-hard Ford truck girl (occasionally she even gets to drive 'Blue' around! And she ACTUALLY LIKES IT! (shutup Tim!)). She wanted to go to Ron's last Friday---but, the cult won her over. (oops, did I just say that???!!!)

Old 10-10-2005, 10:28 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Stan, you wild and crazy kids. Sheesh. That's a funny story. (Though I have no idea what a 'blog' or 'BCM' is?) Ahh....reminiscing of the fun and crazy times of my youth. Have fun, be safe, and you might have to lay off of the wrestling for awhile. Well, except for maybe when you meet up with her dad. hehehehehe j/k. Good luck.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
dcf4x4
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Reminded of a wrestling match I had with a girl about a month ago. Completely innocent but she was trying to win and her friend wanted to get a picture of her winning. I was having none of that, and finally she got mad and yelled out "Just lay down and cooperate..." There was complete silence and then everyone in the house just burst out laughing. Incredibly, a couple walking down the street outside could be heard laughing as well.

Old 10-11-2005, 06:45 AM
ranger240
Elder User
that's good Stan. I hope for your sake that her folks aren't as nyuuts as you are making them out to be.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Sorry about that--I forget, some of you older guy's aren't up to date with techi-terms!

Blog-sort of like an online message board, only you can create your own, and you are the admin. of your own site--to post whatever you want. Okay, okay--some people call it an "online diary"---BUT IT'S NOT! lol---it's a blog. I just post random stuff on mine.

BCM: Baptist Collegient (sp?) Ministries

hehe--her father called again while I was in class today... said he wants me to "submit to him my class schedule so we can set up a time to meet" HA! lol, I called him back and left a message for him giving him two times that I would be able to meet with him.

Man, this is crazy. I mean, I really don't even know what to say.

STan

Old 10-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ranger240
that's good Stan. I hope for your sake that her folks aren't as nyuuts as you are making them out to be.
Oh, they are--they are!

STan

Old 10-12-2005, 08:49 AM
ranger240
Elder User
I'd run far far away......quickly!! how old is this girl anyway? if she's young then that would explain alot. or maybe he's gonna tell you that she isn't really a girl, or she has some sort of strange condition that makes her think she's wonderwoman? hahahaha

meet the guy and see what he says. might be worth it.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ranger240
I'd run far far away......quickly!! how old is this girl anyway? if she's young then that would explain alot. or maybe he's gonna tell you that she isn't really a girl, or she has some sort of strange condition that makes her think she's wonderwoman? hahahaha

meet the guy and see what he says. might be worth it.
hehe---she's 21! Sad, eh?

I don't know--but to me, being 21 somewhat entitles you to make atleast some decisions for yourself--right???

STan

Old 10-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Silver Streak
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Traxxis
being 21 somewhat entitles you to make atleast some decisions for yourself--right???
STan
Only if you no longer live at home and are not depending on mommy and daddy for financial assistance.

Old 10-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Silver Streak
Only if you no longer live at home and are not depending on mommy and daddy for financial assistance.
In every aspect of life you mean??? Hmm... don't know about that.

Though I do agree with you under most situations---but who said she has a choice on the above mentioned??

Parent won't allow her to move out---they tell her that she'll never make it, and she'll no longer be a part of the family if she were to leave the house in any other way than marriage.

Speaking of which--they hired a match-maker to find her somebody too---sounds somewhat like an arranged marriage to me...

Look, really--I posted this for you guys to get a kick out of---I really had no idea it would turn into such a serious topic.

STan

Old 10-12-2005, 02:57 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
Take Her With You..her Parents Are Nuts!!!!

Old 10-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Traxxis
Postmaster
Originally Posted by A_G
Take Her With You..her Parents Are Nuts!!!!
ha! lol--no way... Like mother-like daughter.

Nope, I learned my lesson on that a few years back... they don't change!

STan

Old 10-13-2005, 09:37 AM
ranger240
Elder User
Originally Posted by Traxxis
ha! lol--no way... Like mother-like daughter.

Nope, I learned my lesson on that a few years back... they don't change!

STan
I agree, TOTALLY!!!

fortunately for me, I have a wonderful mother in law, she can be a bit pretentios at times, but for the most part, she's super!! haha

so yeah stan.....RUUUUUUUN!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2005, 01:26 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
(OK, I've been silent long enough)

Stan, Stan, Stan.......

Talk to her Dad, if he offers you a drink, RUN! (Their last name isn't Jones is it?)

To a parent, even the most innocent things look bad. But to me, sounds like they are just a little extreme.

So, when are you going to change your name, paint your truck (it needs it anyway), and have your physical appearance altered?

I could say quite a few things, but I think you already know, so I'll let you beat yourself up on this one!

By the way, HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY (a few days late!)

Later,

Tim

Old 10-14-2005, 01:02 AM
ranger240
Elder User
WHAT, You turned 21, and I didn't hear about it?!?!?! that's a big step.....drinks, noody bars, and smokes!!! wait, nevermind....this is Stan, well at least you have one thing to look foreward to as you continue to get older....at 25 your insurance will go down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hmm.... something to bring humor to you (at my expense)