Mechanic Suggestion in Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 04:05 PM
DANJR
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mechanic Suggestion in Colorado

Hello forums!

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good mechanic in the Colorado Front Range area. I'm located just north of Denver, but willing to drive between say Colorado Springs up to Fort Collins for a good mechanic at a good rate. Definitely not opposed to a mechanic who does some work on the side to help out both our pocketbooks as long as they're reputable and know what they're doing. I'm not in a huge rush for this work so would be an ideal situation as it could be done in the evenings/on the weekends.

I'll be needing to get a reman'd engine swapped in or full timing/cam system rebuilt and some other work done. Preferably looking for someone very familiar with Ford's and the 3v 5.4 and it's quirks.

Who have you guys used and who would you recommend, either shops or shade tree/driveway?

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-19-2019, 01:43 PM
MinesRugger
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m not positive on their specific Ford experience, but I’ve always taken my cars to Marty at Grant Automotive up 285 in Morrison and he’s been great. I’ve also had stuff shipped there for pickup - got a junkyard 400 from Woller Auto sent there and Marty loaded it up on my truck with the forklift. Great service. They won’t do any mobile shop work though.

Old 08-22-2019, 10:48 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
I’ve used Pete at Front Range Auto on North Nevada in Colorado Springs. He does great work BUT bring in your parts because his up charge was ridiculous the last time I used him.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:07 PM
DANJR
5th Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wanted to thank you guys for the recommendations. I ended up dropping the truck off at One Man's Garage. Morgan seems like a stand up guy, has over 25 years of experience as a certified mechanic and in several big dealerships and shops in the area, and his prices were significantly lower than other places. His estimate was around $1500 for the engine swap. I also overheard him quote a person on the phone around $230 for a full brake change including pads, rotors, and labor. I don't know what vehicle that was on, but I can't even justify trying to do brakes myself for that price, and its a piece of cake!

I'll let you guys know how everything pans out, but so far looking promising. I dropped the truck off yesterday morning and expect I'll have it back next week, pretty quick turnaround time.

Old 09-22-2019, 11:38 AM
Hootr
Tuned
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Northeast of Denver, there is Excel Diesel & SUV in Brighton and Rockin 'S' Diesel Performance in Fort Lupton. Both are good.

Old 01-24-2024, 10:11 AM
mr-cat-herder
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DANJR
Wanted to thank you guys for the recommendations. I ended up dropping the truck off at One Man's Garage. Morgan seems like a stand up guy, has over 25 years of experience as a certified mechanic and in several big dealerships and shops in the area, and his prices were significantly lower than other places. His estimate was around $1500 for the engine swap. I also overheard him quote a person on the phone around $230 for a full brake change including pads, rotors, and labor. I don't know what vehicle that was on, but I can't even justify trying to do brakes myself for that price, and its a piece of cake!

I'll let you guys know how everything pans out, but so far looking promising. I dropped the truck off yesterday morning and expect I'll have it back next week, pretty quick turnaround time.
@DANJR How was your experience with One Man's Garage and you engine swap? I'm looking for a reputable mechanic on the front range that can work on my F150. They are in Broomfield?