You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
I'm not from Oklahoma,(Hookem Horns), but I can relate to most of this list. It's pretty darn true.
You could be from Oklahoma if:
1. You can properly pronounce Eufaula, Gotebo, Okemah, and Chickasha.
2. You think that people who complain about the wind in their states are
3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look for
4. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the
5. You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
6. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by the
distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
7. Stores don't have bags, they have sacks.
8. You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
9. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
10. You measure distance in minutes.
11. You refer to the capital of Oklahoma as "The City."
12. It doesn't bother you to use an airport named for a man who died in an
13. Little smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.
14. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean.
15. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit.
16. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
17. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding
18. You have known someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist.
19. A bad traffic jam involves two cars staring each other down at a
each determined to be the most polite and let the other go first.
20. You know in which state "Miam-uh" is and in which state "Miam- ee" is.
21. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, and bait all in
the same store.
22. Your "place at the lake" has! wheels under it.
23. A Mercedes Benz is not a status symbol. A Ford F350 4x4 is.
24. You know everything goes better with Ranch.
25. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply.
26. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin' " to send them to your
And Finally, you are 100% Oklahoman if you have ever heard this
"You wanna Coke?"
My dad gave me a piece of paper with that on it a couple weeks ago and have seen it on other forums, it's everywhere. But still funny none the less. I can also vouch for about all of them because I'm an Okie!
LMAO- so TRUE!
Put me down for 25 out of 26 and the "coke" bonus.
I've never flown into or out of OKC's airport. (#12)
But maybe the "wind complaints" can make up for that one...
I was in San Jose once and they were talking about the terrible wind they were having. Had to be blowing at least 10-15 MPH. I laughed and told them they didn't know what wind was until it blew consistently at 40+ MPH for days!
2012 Ford Fusion SE I4
2011 F150 XLT CC 4x4 w/3.5L V6
Haha I used to always ask people when checking them out if they wanted a sack, several people said "huh?" so I had to switch to bag.. some people wearing bib-overalls say "huh?" now. The coke one is more Texas to me though, I hardly ever hear it. Well guys I'm fixin' to go to the fair.. see y'all later.
Did we just become best friends?!
I was thinking something was missing from that list:
28. You can't go anywhere in public without seeing at least one person carrying an almost empty pop bottle and a bulge in their bottom lip or cheek.(There's a guy in my night class that dips during class.)
29. The only time you can find funnier looking people than those shopping at Walmart, is to visit the local State Fair.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.