Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

NW Montana FAIR - get together for chicken?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
NW Montana FAIR - get together for chicken?

Northwest Montana Fair is coming up in a couple weeks. Do I have any takers on a get together for some JAYCEES CHICKEN????? ( and a stomp around the fairgrounds?)

Old 08-09-2005, 09:15 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
I'm in, but is this going to be our second annual picnic with just the two of us?????

Sorry Dick, you're great company, but it would be nice to see some other faces at this event. I can make most any evening - just name a time.

Anybody else home around Kalispell or passing thru? Come on you slackers! Slide up to the counter and get some of that wonderful BBQ chicken.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:29 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Maybe the cost of chicken is prohibitive to some ... maybe we should change the title to ..Meet me at the Fair for a SNOWCONE!! But I guess it is hard to get all three of us together at one time.

Hey, have you printed out oany of those cards that were made to advertize FTE? I have some, so when I ever find time to bring that CD out to you, I'll bring a few along. I have yet to find time to go put any on anyone's vehicle. I think on the back of it, we should write "NICE TRUCK!" or something, rather than just leave an advertisement, if we leave one anywhere.

Anyway ..back on topic ... FAIR .... FOOD ... SHOOT THE BULL FOR A FEW MINUTES ... BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! I think Wednesday night is free admission to the grounds, so that may be a good time to plan it. I'll post when I find out for sure.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey Dick,

I should be coming thru Kalispell with Michelle in tow ,about the 17th of Sept.

Will you be around ?

Old 08-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Yes Dennis ... matter of fact that's a Saturday, so hopefully I won't be back on my old schedule and get caught up with a work day. I"ll keep an eye out and before that day rolls around, send me a PM or post here & I should know more by then. We're going to be hiring my replacement/ new boss probably around the 15th or so, of this month, but I'll have to train her for a week or better, so I may be available. Would love to meet you and the softer half. I'm sure that mtflat would love to join us for a get together of sorts.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you feel like an extended visit to MT, you could stop over my way, its only 9 hours from Kalispell...

Old 08-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Mil1ion
New User
It looks like I will be turning Northward at Missoula.

Isn't Billings in the SE corner ?

Old 08-12-2005, 12:54 AM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More south central . Dennis depending if i'm in calgary or lethbridge for school i might be able to wrangle a few guys up for a quick cup of joe at timmy's or something on your way through, but if not no biggie .

Old 08-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Mil1ion
New User
I've decided to go NW from Kalispell to another port of entry that goes to Cranbrook > Radium.

The Columbia car/truck show is on the 17th in Radium.

I have been to 4 of them.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

How much time do you plan on spending in the big city of Cowbells? Perhaps we can organize a picnic or bbq. Nothing like a nice warm fall day for a bbq...don't ya know! ( Just finished porkin out on some bbq'd Bratwurst, tater salad, corn on da cob and ....zzzzzzzzzzzzz) Nap Time, then time to caterwaul til bedtime.

Old 08-13-2005, 11:06 PM
Mil1ion
New User
I figure we will be able to stay overnight there as we have driven from
Coeur d'lene.

D

Old 08-13-2005, 11:42 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes i've been to that carshow in radium, its a pretty decent size too.

Yeah the port you'll be going through is the roosville port (it's 24hr btw), anywho be sure to have a fun trip .

Old 08-14-2005, 12:07 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Thanks Cody,
I'll be driving one of these...only an 05

http://carinfo.autofi.com/metro/vehi...antonioautonet

Old 08-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Well, Dennis, we'll see if Tim reads more on this, but let's plan on going out for dinner. We have several choices...spendy, semi spendy, or average spendy. Hmmm...are those options? Let me know what you like... we have a good Chinese Buffet, Sizzler for salad bar and steaks, Applebee's for steak chicken ribs etc. and drinks, or some good ole family style restaurants. My three favorites are Sizzler, Applebees or Chinese. All three are very good. Applebee's being a tad costly but real good steaks. Sizzler good everything fairly high price and chinese buffet... about 16 bucks for two all you can devour.

As for the fair chicken, the wife and I are going over tomorrow nite for chicken. So ... mtflat... it looks like all I'm going to have available is an evening on thurs or fri... unless Linda captures me for one more nite over there. Let me know what evening may be good for you. Unless you want to put it off. Your choice.

I went around and laid some FTE cards on some nice Fords tonight. Wonder if they'll show up at FTE. If you want some cards let me know... I just print em up on regular paper, cut em out and carry them in my wallet. Pretty easy to print out several pages if ya want some.

Old 08-16-2005, 11:28 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 331 Likes on 255 Posts
Hey there Dick, I was feeling bad that I was going to have to bail out for Wed - another pastoral situation that needs my attention. I'll check the calendar, but it doesn't look real good. I have a wedding to do this weekend - 'course that means a rehearsal on Fri evening too....... Thursday might work.

I'd enjoy getting together with you and Dennis and whoever else can make it in Sept. Sounds like we hit the same restaurants. Although mornings and afternoon are good for a stop at BoJangles if Dennis is into the 50's theme.

I'll keep in touch - I'm still trying to catch up from the wedding of our oldest son last Sat. Sit very long in front of the computer and I fall asleep.......

Quick Reply: NW Montana FAIR - get together for chicken?