Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2005, 03:12 AM
Elder User

ranger240 is starting off with a positive reputation.
wow, two whole weeks and....

this place has just DIED!! after the extremely poor turnout at Howard's place for the BBQ last month (me and my family were the only ones that came) it was like a slap in the face. I guess every one gave up? well if you all need me...PM me and I'll come a runnin. I'm gonna go play with my nissans for a while. gonna add a viscous limited slip differential (that's a sort of posi, for you non import fellas), 5 speed manual transmission swap (I am tired of my slop-o-matic), bigger brake upgrade, and the icing on the cake...full turbo!!! I plan on 250HP by february 9th. I know it doesn't sound like much, 250 HP. but this is from a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder and it's in a 2500lb car. I think it will make the 1/4 in aroundhigh 13 second range.....wish me luck, and pray I come back soon (I will once I have to drve my truck as a daily driver again hahaha)!!!

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin

Last edited by ranger240; 09-30-2005 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Postmaster

Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.Traxxis has a great reputation on FTE.
No need to leave---
Just been REALLY busy---beyond belief. Trust me, you'll ALL get the WHOLE story next friday at the GTG.
--Tim on the other hand is getting more than just the story!

STan

Old 09-30-2005, 10:14 AM
Elder User

hotrod48 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow! I totally forgot about the last meet. Good luck with your Nissans. Sounds like it will be a neat ride when you are done. I'll race you when your done. Don't forget about the truck and good luck again.

hotrod48
Old 09-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Elder User

nahh, I'm not giving up on the truck, it's a passion I will never outgrow, I love that truck. heck, someone offered me $3000 the other day and my stupid self said "nahh, I really like it too much to sell it right now." but if he offered like $3500, it would have been gone.

you may have seen some of my friends out at T/V. one drives a flat black 240sx hatch with turbo and running low 12's

"Go ahead and cook, Lois. We'll throw it out. Wouldn't want you to get rusty." -Peter Griffin

Last edited by ranger240; 09-30-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Elder User

hotrod48 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think I have seen the flat back hatch (That has a nice little ring to it). I am not sure though. I remember a yellow car but I think it was an early RX-7. I don't really remember when I am racing, to many things on my mind.

hotrod48
Old 09-30-2005, 11:50 PM
Elder User

he remembers your truck, but then how could one NOT remember it? haha

well I got my VLSD in today, and MAN does it take away the power!!! I went with a 4.01:1 gear set, and it originally had 3.66:1 on the open diff, so you can understand the difference in gearing, I consequently get better gas mileage on the highway though!!! that's good, but I lost SO much torque it isn't funny. I may take the new gear set back out in favor of the stock gearing, we'll see what happens, heck I may save enough money to get some wheels for the truck?!?! ahha

anyway, that's where I am, so where are you all?

Old 09-30-2005, 11:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter