Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Aerostar
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Aerostar Ford Aerostar

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2005, 11:14 PM
New User

killerb1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Antislosh module??

My 92 Aerostar needs an antislosh module. Are they still available? Where?
By the way, it helps to use a meter that works when measuring resistance in the sending unit ! I decided to check it one more time with a different meter before I ordered another one. Guess what?! The new one worked fine.
I definitely traced it to the antislosh module this time. Oh well! Win some, lose some!
Old 09-30-2005, 12:45 AM
Post Fiend

96_4wdr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
see this thread on subject

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...81#post2870381
dealer only item
Old 09-30-2005, 04:27 PM
Posting Guru

JTHill24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Killerb1:

Check the Slosh Mod for solder cracks. Most of the time if you re-solder the mod it will
start working again.

Jay
Old 09-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Elder User

cookkd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check eBay for a standard dash module and get it from that....paid less than 20 bucks for mine....solved the problem......
Old 10-01-2005, 12:11 AM
Elder User

krankshaft is starting off with a positive reputation.
First as suggested check for solder breaks and repair them as necessary if you can't find any.

Check for faulty components check the diodes with your multimeters diode checker make sure you touch the negative probe to the end of the diode with the black band and the positive to the other end.

Also check the resistors for correct resistance with your multimeter. What is a resistors proper resistance you ask look at the color bands and they tell it to you. Here is a site that does the converting of the color bands to OHMS for you.

http://www.ealnet.com/m-eal/resistor/resistor.htm

As for ICs the only one you'll come across in an OP Amp which is a common IC you can purchase at Radioshack for about $1.49 if its an OP Amp there will be the letters LM printed on the IC followed by numbers for example LM-524N in this example don't worry about the N LM-524 would suffice. I have blown out a couple of these myself on electronics projects just a little current in the wrong direction or on the wrong pin renders them useless. However its all or nothing either the IC doesn't function or it does.

But what I think is wrong with your slosh module is a capacitor isn't storing current which allows the needle on the gauge to remain in the same place (the current to remain constant on the fuel gauge) even if the potentiometer in the gas tanks resistance is going up and down. You are likely to see one of two types of capacitors either axial or upright axial just means its a capacitor on its side.

You can pick up your replacment parts at Jameco.com at a substantial savings.

If your adventurous while this would be no problem for me if your new to electronics it may seem a little confusing .
Old 10-01-2005, 12:11 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Aerostar

Tags
aerostar, anti, antislosh, check, dummies, ford, lm524, module, opamp, parts, price, repair, repairing, slosh, truck, work