1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

SCTM & T/C lock up??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 02:40 PM
wycowboy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCTM & T/C lock up??

I just got a SCTM not realy sure what I think of it yet. but I noticed that my torque converter did not seento be locking at all the entier time i was driving is this a commen with the SCTM programs? the way I can tell is I have an iluminating switch hooked up to my T/c locke up. when the T/c is free the witch is lit. but gose off when I manuly or the computer locks the T/C ..well with the sctm the light never went out?? seemed weird to me.
any one had a simlar exsperiene or advice?? thanks much J

Old 09-29-2005, 12:28 PM
touchofgrey
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wycowboy
I just got a SCTM not realy sure what I think of it yet. but I noticed that my torque converter did not seento be locking at all the entier time i was driving is this a commen with the SCTM programs? the way I can tell is I have an iluminating switch hooked up to my T/c locke up. when the T/c is free the witch is lit. but gose off when I manuly or the computer locks the T/C ..well with the sctm the light never went out?? seemed weird to me.
any one had a simlar exsperiene or advice?? thanks much J

Since Superchips aren't really forthcoming with technical information......I'd be giving them a call and ask them if their programs do anything with the TC. You can also go up on their site, and email them......it may be quicker than setting on "forget" on the phone.
I questioned them via email concerning their shift pressures before I put my TransGo Tugger kit in.........the only answer I got was: We aren't familure with your particular kit.......but our programs will add to whatever pressures your kit produces. I went ahead and installed the kit......had no adverse results. My own feeling is that the Superchips programs are more on the safe side than other vendors. I don't know if they go beyond stock specs for the TC lock........my gut feel is they don't. Hope this helps.