6 CD Player Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Forest
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6 CD Player Removal

I have some sort of problem.

My CDs are all "stuck" inside the 6 CD Player. Radio works fine. CDs are just not moving. Sometimes it displays "Initializing", sometimes "No CD" (even though all 6 positions are shown to be full). None of these CDs were "burned" or home-made with sticky labels.

Additionally, I can't seem to get the radio / CD out of the dash. My thought was to remove and take off all power for a "re-boot". Maybe I can see a way to get to CDs with the unit out.

I bought the radio removal tool(s) at O'Reillys. Inserted these into the holes and expected radio to come right out. No such luck. Seems to be caught on something.

Can anyone enlighten me on either problem (stuck CDs or stuck unit)?

Old 09-28-2005, 08:44 AM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
when you put the tools in the holes you have to pull to the outsides and out of the dash at the same time applying equal pressure. did you fell the clips unlock when you pushed it in? It can be a pain in the butt to get them out sometimes you just have to have paytions. As far as the cds not playing I dont know. It maybe time to buy a new HU. You would get some good response and maybe the answer to your question if you post this on the audio and vedio forum. GL
Scotty

Old 09-28-2005, 08:59 AM
jscarb2
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as said above you have to pull the tools away from each other and kinda wiggle from side to side to get it to pull out, not sure on how to get your cd's out other than maybe taking the unit apart but that would probally be the end of the unit. i have my stock deck and changer for sell on ebay wish i would have know someone on here needed one

Old 09-30-2005, 12:21 PM
Forest
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the input, folks. Once I pushed outward on the removal tool, the radio released easily.

Turns out the CD player / changer was "shot". I managed to buy a used one from a 2002 Excursion for about 1/2 price of a "new reman" unit.

I'm back in business.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
cory58
Freshman User
I'm having trouble getting the factory radio out of the dash of my 2005 X, and a search of the archives turned up this thread. I've pushed the removal tools in as far as they will go and feel them pushing the release tabs. I've also pushed them outward while trying to wiggle the radio out of the dash, and still not luck. Does anything need to be removed from the dash (plastic trim, etc.) to get the radio out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Cory

Old 06-06-2008, 04:29 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cory58
I'm having trouble getting the factory radio out of the dash of my 2005 X, and a search of the archives turned up this thread. I've pushed the removal tools in as far as they will go and feel them pushing the release tabs. I've also pushed them outward while trying to wiggle the radio out of the dash, and still not luck. Does anything need to be removed from the dash (plastic trim, etc.) to get the radio out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Cory
No, nothing else can to be removed. It should come right out.

Push both tools outward. In other words....

the one on the left, push out to the left. The one on the right, push out to the right.

If this doesn't work, try the other way.....
push the one on the left to the right, and push the one on the right to the left.

I've never had trouble popping out a FORD radio.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:45 AM
cory58
Freshman User
VASheriff - thanks for the response. I tried again to get the radio out with no luck - I pushed and pulled in every direction until my fingers hurt and something is still holding it in. I can't beleive I'm going to have to pay someone to install a stupid Sirrius FM booster. Oh well.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:32 AM
cory58
Freshman User
Thanks to an unusually charitable tech at Dobbs Ford here in Memphis, I figured out the trick to removing the radio, so I thought I'd pass it along. Don't push the removal tools in as far as they will go. They can only release the clips when they are pushed in just to the first click (physical, not audible). This positions the tool on the release clips and allows you to push out on the tools and release the radio.

Cory

Old 06-14-2008, 04:29 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cory58
Don't push the removal tools in as far as they will go. They can only release the clips when they are pushed in just to the first click (physical, not audible). This positions the tool on the release clips and allows you to push out on the tools and release the radio.

Cory

Correct! My bad! I assumed you knew this already.