Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Junior User

deepbass is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exclamation 1995 ford bronco overdrive light just started flashing!!!

My overdrive light started flashing on my 95 bronco 5.8L not too long ago. When the light starts flashing the shifting gets very hard (rpms rise very high then shifts hard). I went to Aamco transmission the other day and got a free diagnostics test. The people over at Aamco transmission mentioned that they had a hard time getting my trucks codes. The computer in the truck was not responding to anything until they found a faulty code (code 452) insufficienct input from vehicle speed sensor. I also understand that there are two speed sensors. So there is now a possibility my computer in the truck is messed up or the sensors are acting up. This problem has been going on for several several months. I am very frustrated!!!!
CAN ANYONE HELP ME!! ALL THE HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Post Fiend

andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
First off, get it fixed before it causes serious damage. The rebuild bill on an E4OD is about $2500.

Secondly, get it to a good transmission shop. Aamco is a rip-off joint, and more of their employees are incompetent than not.

If it is the VSS, then you can just take it out of the diff (one bolt holds it in) and wipe it off with a rag. They very rarely go bad. No moving parts to break.

"If you want to live in a country that manufactures things, you need to buy things that your country manufactures." - Mike Rowe
Old 09-27-2005, 01:30 PM
Elder User

McLeod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...osition+sensor
Old 10-25-2005, 05:46 AM
Senior User

PhilcoPGM is starting off with a positive reputation.
McLeod,
I went to NAPA for a speed sensor for my 98 F150 automatic. Had my tranny rebuilt 2 months ago and took it back because the O/D lite started flashing. The tranny shop put a scan tool on it and it showed code 452 which is an error in the VSS, so they told me I had to get it replaced. I want to do that, and I hear it's located in th erear differential;but exactly where? Does one bolt expose the old one or a series of bolts? And which side do I start to remove the cover; front side or back side? There's not too much on this site to explain where to find it. Thanks for all your help!
Phil
Old 10-25-2005, 05:46 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
1995, 95, bronco, codes, econoline, find, flashes, flashin, flashing, flickers, ford, light, lightning, od, overdrive