1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

can't believe how smart engineers are

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 12:02 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool can't believe how smart engineers are

whoever the genius was that figured out the routing for hte fan belt on the 7.3 in my F250 should be taken out, drawn, and quartered. I would say shot but that would be way to merciful.
All I can say is if I ever meet up with that guy he better not let me know it cause I might put his head into the belt with the engine running, and see how long it takes him to figure out that the dang upper radiator hose is in the middle of it.
Sorry just had to rant a little. But routing it so you have to remove the upper radiator hose to replace it was about the stupidest thing I think I have seen for a long time (not the stupidest ever but getting really close)

Old 09-26-2005, 06:39 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Go to the parts counter and get the hose for the dual alternator setup, it goes around the belt.

Old 09-26-2005, 08:07 PM
touchofgrey
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by monsterbaby
whoever the genius was that figured out the routing for hte fan belt on the 7.3 in my F250 should be taken out, drawn, and quartered. I would say shot but that would be way to merciful.
All I can say is if I ever meet up with that guy he better not let me know it cause I might put his head into the belt with the engine running, and see how long it takes him to figure out that the dang upper radiator hose is in the middle of it.
Sorry just had to rant a little. But routing it so you have to remove the upper radiator hose to replace it was about the stupidest thing I think I have seen for a long time (not the stupidest ever but getting really close)

Don't keep it all pent up inside........tell us how you really feel! LOL

Old 09-27-2005, 09:27 AM
chapguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL, It's this type of slow burning anger that creates wrench rage. Get it out, man, get it out! (And then get the other hose and install before you need to replace the belt on the side of the road)