2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 & UP Hood Protectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 03:07 PM
Stump_Jumper
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2004 & UP Hood Protectors

I began to install a Stampede 3132 on my 2005. The "Sandwich" of the grill and the protector was to say the least, unimpressive. There are some areas that fit well and some that no matter what I did would not line up the same. Is there any protectors being made that has a better way of mounting than this? I got this one beacause it was to be easy on the hood as to rubbing the paint. Anyway, it now lives back in the box it came in as I am looking for another. Thanks-Keith

Last edited by Stump_Jumper; 09-25-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
You might want to look at 3M automotive products. They make a clear urathane tape type product which is applied directly over painted areas to protect against damage. Many to the OEM's are using this for lower fender areas behind the tires. It is inexpensive (relatively) and you can install yourself or go to one of their installation centers.

Old 09-25-2005, 05:56 PM
BlacknTan
Freshman User
I have the one Ford sells, and similiar to what you describe, it sandwhiches between the hood and grill. Takes a few minutes to install because you have to remove the grill. Once it's on though, it fits tight and looks good.

Old 09-26-2005, 04:10 AM
PC Poppy
Junior User
Has anyone left one of these "sandwich" type hood protectors on all winter? In snow country I mean. Just wonder how they stand up with ice and snow frozen between the hood and the protector. Will they survive the touchless automatic car washes?

Old 09-26-2005, 07:58 AM
gpeade
Elder User
Got an "autoventshade" model. It too sandwiches between the grill and hood. I installed it in just a few minutes with out any problems. Had to adjust the two lower hood bumbers though. No problems with fit and plenty clearance around all surfaces and hood. Easy to clean behind and no fear of rubbing the paint unless I wreck it!!

I think they all install with this same system. key words here " I think". I have seen ones on other vehicles installed witrh that 3m brand tape and they always seem to eventually start peeling off.
When I first saw how this intsall worked I wasn't crazy about it either. when it's all said and done I am real happy with it because it's very secure and I didn't have to drill and holes or use and plastic fasteners that always get loose.

maybe just try another brand. bought mine at advance for about $50 in august of 2004.