Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Senior User

mhannink is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
well to big 350 i don't know what differences you have in trucks down there since i know ya'll had the 7.3 for longer i don't what dodge did down there either as far as best truck i think it would be as some have mentioned a ford body/frame dodge/cummins engine and a allision tranny and we could all argue till blue in the face about which is better my opinion as stated im a ford guy but i like dodge for their engine and manuel their autos can not hold the cummins tho the new 48re in the 03 and newer trucks has been doing good so far i like the allision a lot and am dissapointed that its in a chevy the ford tranny is well decent ive been around all of the ford diesels auto and manuel we have a 99 450 and my uncle has everything from the 6.9idi all the way to the new 6.0 and he has no problems w/ them pulling farm equipment he just doesn't get many miles out of them i am a ford man always have been always will be but im also a dodge fan they are both good soild trucks w/ their ups and downs my remarks in the above post where mostly to those who do bash dodge hard because most everything they say is wrong and i like to stir things up to make people think it makes life entertaining
Old 11-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Postmaster

handyman43358 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey mhannink no offense but next time if you would, use some punctuation lol. Not tryin to make fun here but that was difficult to read. Just throw a period in every now and then buddy and we'll be good

I agree as far as Fords havin good diesels. I've never really heard any complaints on them at all. I mean if you don't give a rats tail about havin a truck with the highest available HP and torque in the market, than a Ford is good for you. Thats why a lot of people like them, Ford's suit their needs well.

I just think theres going to come a day when the horsepower and torque wars are over, and it's going to be more about fuel economy, which I believe Ford is ahead of the game there!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Senior User

yeah sry i never did learn grammer in english and they are still trying to teach me the problem is i get into a thought process and never think about grammer just what im typing

as for the hp wars idk if they will ever end. i think it will always go on but there will be more and more effecint designs. high flow heads. twin turbos are already coming. i think we will see what i guess would be called a modular head desgin idk its whatever they have on the otr trucks some who knows will chime in. where its got three heads tho its and inline 6 this will allow higher compression and more turbo boost. which gives u better econemy and it will make a jake brake effective which will be sweet to see/hear on little trucks. w/ all that there will be more power since the high compression will burn more effecintly.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:29 AM
Freshman User

hercules130 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesoutmatt
Get a Life and go hug your stupid Dodge .................
AAHHHH, I just did and it felt good and she never talks back. I never bashed ford i was just sticking up for dodge.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules130
AAHHHH, I just did and it felt good and she never talks back. I never bashed ford i was just sticking up for dodge.
lol thats funny

i never bash ford i just point out the obvious problems they seem to always have i know dodge/cummins is not perfect a perfect example is the vp44 fuel pump and its suporting lift pump that almost every truck had a problem w/ but its still an awsome engine just like the powerstroke is a very good engine i like it but it has it problems just more of them it seems not bashing anything......... except chevy thats just deserves it when they build a truck that bad
Old 12-01-2005, 08:52 PM