Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Posting Guru

Stroker_Deezel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Stroker_Deezel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
As far as i know, the Dmax will meet emmisions into the future, and i dont know anything about cummins and emissions
Old 09-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Senior User

lectricman is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm pretty sure the current Cummins is meeting the current emissions standards with NO EGRs.

1986 F-150 Supercab 2wd 302 FI, M5R2 5 speed 200k plus and still kicking

1997 Explorer 4dr. 4.0 OHV (the wifey's)
Old 09-26-2005, 08:03 PM
FTE *******

SpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to allSpartanDieselTech is a name known to all
I'm pretty sure the current Cummins will need to be in a different chassis before I ever care.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Elder User

bczolone is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bczolone is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I made a vist to my dealer for a few questions this afternoon, but their response was competition; "bigger and better", "more improved"; basically what was said earlier; although at that time i hadn't seen the post about EGRs. He said he'd get me their info as soon as he got anything a photo copy it for me.
He did say that unfortunatley where we live (CA) its driving the emissions controls throughout the industry. Why? The market here is too big to ignore.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Senior User

wcmo sae is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
I'm pretty sure the current Cummins will need to be in a different chassis before I ever care.

79 F-150 Ranger 351m Auto 4x4 33x12.50x15 ?45K

2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 4R100

"Trucks aren't trucks anymore."
Old 09-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Post Fiend

ford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to all
were issues with Ford's software programs (however since worked out), not the Navstar engine

other way around. its navistars software problems.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:44 AM
Senior User

rusty350250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
what about a 6 cylinder PS. i recentyl drove to vegas with my 99 ps (442 miles) had to fill up once my friend with a 05 cummins did it in one tank with gas to spare, and he was going 75-80 i was going 70-75. i was hopping that ford would out a 6 cylnder in there trucks, better fuel economy less weight on the front end and still has plenty of power
btw my tank is 32 his is 42.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectricman
I'm pretty sure the current Cummins is meeting the current emissions standards with NO EGRs.
New standards kick in for 2007, we'll see what happens then.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
If you want to discuss a 6 cylinder diesel I suggest the general diesel section since this section is geared towards the V8 6.4.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:14 PM
Freshman User

Bar L is starting off with a positive reputation.
I talked to a Navistar rep at a trade show that had the 6.0 on display before it was put in Ford trucks and he said they had been testing it for several years, running it in their NASCAR Truck and that it was designed to meet the 2012 emmision standards. Based on what he told me I would think it is a bigger and better issue.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

The #10 Powerstroke NASCAR truck is a gasser. No diesels in NASCAR yet!
Old 09-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Posting Guru

firesoutmatt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar L
I talked to a Navistar rep at a trade show that had the 6.0 on display before it was put in Ford trucks and he said they had been testing it for several years, running it in their NASCAR Truck and that it was designed to meet the 2012 emmision standards. Based on what he told me I would think it is a bigger and better issue.
LOL maybe thats why the Fords win.All the diesel smoke and the rest of the field can't see the track no more. Bar L are you serious ? Or did I miss something.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Freshman User

motivationteam is starting off with a positive reputation.
Here is what scares me about the new engine. I have a buddy that is a long haul trucker and cat. came out with a twin turbo 650 to meet the new emmission laws for the big rigs and he said that they are fuel pigs and perform worse than the earlier single turbo engines. It was his opinion that they put the two turbos on to offset the inefficiencies caused by the additional egr's. Ford will market the crap out of the twin turbo as a performance impover but I suspect that this engine will not be everything that we are optimistic for.
Wether or not there is a correlation between the new 6.4 and the big rigs is up in the air. I would say that the new engine may sound cool and have power but at what cost.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Senior User

juniorf350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motivationteam
Here is what scares me about the new engine. I have a buddy that is a long haul trucker and cat. came out with a twin turbo 650 to meet the new emmission laws for the big rigs and he said that they are fuel pigs and perform worse than the earlier single turbo engines. It was his opinion that they put the two turbos on to offset the inefficiencies caused by the additional egr's. Ford will market the crap out of the twin turbo as a performance impover but I suspect that this engine will not be everything that we are optimistic for.
Wether or not there is a correlation between the new 6.4 and the big rigs is up in the air. I would say that the new engine may sound cool and have power but at what cost.
this comment is wrong. your friend needs to learn how use the new acert properly. the rpm curve cruise speed should be at 1500 rpms not like the old
singles which was 1750-1800 and thats were all the power is at in the lower rpm range. and there is no 650 hp acert engine the highest they go is 550 the old c16 non acert was rated at 600 hp but that engine is dead.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Senior User

Cur Dog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking

I hope the twin turbo will get good fuel mileage. I run a D10 Cat dozer, and Cat just went with a twin turbo on it. It uses much more fuel than the single turbo, doing the same work as I did with the single. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel