1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carpet delete option

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 08:23 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Carpet delete option

I'm going to be ordering an 06 F350 very soon and am curious to hear people's opinions on the carpet delete option. I realize it saves $60, which is always nice, but other than that I don't know many details.

Is it a rubber floor in place of the carpet? Does the rubber or whatever floor match the interior (for example, it would be tan carpet, but if it's carpet delete, is it a tan rubber floor)? I don't think I'd like having a tan interior and then a black rubber floor.

Also, can anyone think of benefits of having the carpeted floor? I won't be driving around barefooted, so the comfort of the carpet isn't really a big deal. If I went with carpet I'd just probably end up paying for Husky liners to protect it anyway, and then it'd be covered up completely. I guess I don't see any benefit to having the floor carpeted.

Can anyone point out either negatives of the carpet delete, or positives of having the carpeted floor? This is pretty much the last thing I'm undecided on, so everyone's opinion is needed and appreciated!

Old 09-19-2005, 09:09 PM
levi'sford
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is my experiences. The first two trucks I owned were rubber floored base models. I swore when I had money I would buy a truck with carpet, and I the last 2 have had carpet, and what did I do? I bought the best rubber floor matts I could get. Verdict get the carpet. It seems to insulate the truck better, better in the cab noise (less echos), you can keep it clean with a good rubber floor matt. I think better resale with carpet, although I sold mine, both to construction companies as a work truck. Only negative is that I was cleaning my truck and had the rubber matts out, and got back in and noticed greese on my shoe, which is now on my carpet. Matts cover it up. Truck will come with factory carpet matts that match the color of your interior. Feels better if you are driving bare foot. LOL Levi

PS. Both rubber floors were black.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:17 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
What year trucks did you have with the rubber floor? I was hoping they changed from black and that the rubber floor matched the interior on the current line.

Hopefully more will post with their experiences, as well. The more people commenting, the better.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:18 PM
mikedeason
Elder User
I just ordered a Lariat & am having dealer rip out carpets & put in vinyl floor (carpet delete option from XLT)

I've had carpet on every truck I've owned and it Sucks Large on a work truck...I've bought $200 liners and cheap rubber floor mats and used big garbage bags but there is no way to keep water from getting on the carpets and starting the mold and stink..

If you're plowing or working the truck forget carpets...

Old 09-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Customz
Postmaster
I'm pretty sure the floor will be black. I just ordered an 06 with gray interior and carpet delete

Old 09-19-2005, 09:23 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
I'm not sure how good a tan interior (what I'm getting) would look with a black rubber floor....

Thanks for the comments so far... keep 'em coming!

Old 09-19-2005, 09:25 PM
levi'sford
Senior User
First truck was an 85' GMC S15, 2nd was a 99' F150, 1st carpet was an 02 F150, and finally the 04 F230 lariat with carpet. The F350 is a work truck, but if others will be driving it they may not keep it as clean as the guy making the payments. The floormatts I bought for the F150 were from SAMs, and the F350 were more expensive, but don't have the high ridge around the edge. Also the rubber floor was slick when my boots were wet. Either way you will be happy. Good luck.

Old 09-19-2005, 11:38 PM
2Gordons
Freshman User
Here's my thoughts when I saw this tread...

I can't imagine dropping over $35 large on a truck, and not getting carpet, unless it was a total work-truck, and I lived in the bayou... I've always hunted and ran my trucks in pretty nasty areas- leather, carpet, dogs and all... protect what you can, clean what you can't. It's all good. Life's too short.

You save $60 by not having carpet? You've got to be kidding me. If I totally booger my carpet up, Ford will sell me new stuff for $60, right?

You'll blow past that savings the first time you fill it up. (I know, it's not about the money...). Get the carpet. Treat yourself.

2Gordons

Old 09-20-2005, 12:34 AM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Yeah, it's not about the $60 at all, like you said. What I'm thinking though is that I'll have carpet, but then I'll just spend probably close to $200 to get Husky liners to cover up all the carpet anyway. And why am I covering it? To protect it from getting dirty, because I don't want to see the stains... but it will be covered anyway by the liners, which I spent extra on, just so I can cover up what I opted for over the rubber floor.

It's like some crazy conundrum!

Or maybe I'm just a freak.

You make a good point, though.... I'm spending so much, it seems like it should have carpet. I guess I'm trying to think, practically, is the carpet really necessary? I'll just be spending extra to cover it up anyway...

Why is it that these little decisions are the toughest to make?

There's an XL Superduty that belongs to a construction company in our office area... I'm going to try to catch the guy as he's leaving or coming in and ask him if I can look at his floor and see how I like it.

Okay it's settled, I'm a freak.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:38 AM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carpet delete means BLACK rubber floor with sound insualtion beneath it (because of this there's very little, if any, difference in interior noise between carpet and rubber). No other colors available, so if you're getting the tan interior, you'll have a black rubber floor. Advantages: only one, you can just wipe off the floor when it gets dirty, and no carpet to trap water. Important if the interior will be subjected to a lot of dirt and moisture. Here in the Northeast, the big problem is snow and salt. I get a big sheet of plastic (wider than the interior) and double it over. Take out the sill plate moldings, and on a WARM day (so you can work with it) lay the plastic over all the carpet. Re-install the moldings, screwing right through the plastic. This holds it in place through the winter, then take it out in the spring and enjoy the carpet in the nice months.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:58 AM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
The floor will be black. Ford hasn't put a color matched rubber floor in since the mid 90's (too bad cause they looked good to me). I have an 05 with the tan interior. There is quite a bit of black trim on the door panels and the dash so a black floor will look good in my opinion. I kinda wish that I got it but I have the black all weather rubber floor mats.
They are a nice factory option for 20 bucks.

Last edited by JKBrad; 09-20-2005 at 11:01 AM.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:32 AM
cfd29
Senior User
The last three trucks I have had I ordered the carpet delete, Very easy for me to clean being on a farm, when the floor gets messed up, I just rinse it out, Used to get carpet, but as with other posts, I always just covered it up, so the last ones I got the carpet delete and have been well pleased, Will do it again for the 2007..

Old 09-20-2005, 01:01 PM
booker250
Senior User
First, IMO I think it would look good to have a black floor with the tan interior.

My FX4 came with a really nice set of rubber mats (3 pcs.) Great for if you do get carpet.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:15 PM
blakerj10
Senior User
I have an 05 with tan interior (XLT) and carpet delete. This was the only truck in the config. I wanted (6 sp. regular cab, 6.0, and XLT) that I could find. When it got delivered, it had the carpet delete. Before I saw the pickup, I was pissed off and almost had the dealer install carpet. After I saw it, I realized I liked it. A lot of the dash is black with the tan interior and the seats are tan with dark black looking specs. Now, I only have 2801 miles on it and if i were to buy another truck, I would pay $500 just to get the rubber floor. I have seen the light, carpet is for houses. What kind of hippie drives around barefoot in a superduty anyway? Haha

Old 09-20-2005, 11:04 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Thanks for the replies from everyone so far. My main thought is that if I get the carpet, then I'll just spend extra money to buy liners to cover up the carpet anyway, and then I no longer have carpet! The irony just kills me...

I checked out the XL Superduty belonging to a company near my work, and I actually liked the vinyl floor. It didn't look cheap or tacky at all to me. After seeing it in person, and reading everyone's posts, I'm leaning strongly towards the carpet delete.

I hope more people can post their thoughts/experiences, because the more opinions I hear, the better-informed I am for making my decision.

Quick Reply: Carpet delete option