Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

hey everyone I'm back

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Kista20
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey everyone I'm back

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile but I've been taking some college classes at blueridge community college. I'm sure some of you remember the shape I was in last time ya seen me but I'm a lot better now and I'm back to working on my truck again. Right now I tore into the transmission to fix the shifter bushings and also replace the leaking plugs. I'm all ready to put it back together but when I bolt the top plate on and put the shifter it's stuck. I know about a spring loaded piece that you have to move from underneath and I push the shifter in and everything seems fine. I know I'm doing something wrong or it's just not lined up right. It was a breeze getting into it but putting it back together is a whole other story.

Alan

Old 09-18-2005, 08:03 AM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Welcome back, Bro.

How's the back?

Stu

Old 09-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Kista20
Elder User
it's doing pretty good now, sometimes it gets a little stiff like if I've been in a position for too long and I'm also a lot more active now. I still haven't pulled my 4wheeler apart yet. Right now I have my truck inside at work and hopefully I'll figure out how everything goes back together. It's a shame we don't have internet down there I do have cable here but I kinda can't take it with me down there, lol. I really like working on stuff at work dad had them put in a 14ft garage door and it's all concrete just like a garage and you can just pull on in and there's plenty of room. We did have some stuff in there and we just got it out so I felt like this weekend would be a good chance to get it in there while I can. Hopefully I'll get this done so I can get my 4wheeler over there and push it in the back so I can tear it apart. It's great hearing from you again. Hopefully we'll be able to do it again sometime.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Kista20
Elder User
well I'm home now and the truck is finally back together. That sure was a job but it wasn't too bad once I figured everything out. It was definately worth it and my shifter works great now and also I don't have to worry about those leaky plugs anymore.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Franken-Truck
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-HOY THERE KISTA!!

Glad to here your up and about and getting things accomplished! Did you ever hunt down a ZF tranny for your swap?

Good to hear from you, and have you back on the forum

Old 09-19-2005, 08:59 PM
Kista20
Elder User
well hopefully I've prolonged it. I was hoping that it would last till I got it paid off then get the zf so maybe now it will happen. There are somethings I need to take care of but haven't really decided which I should do next. The oil pan has a lot of rust so I'll probabaly change that next along with a new pump and that involves jacking up the engine and I know it isn't hard or anything but it's more work, lol. I'd also like to get new coil springs so I can raise the front to match the rear. Another thing on my list is going over the frame and taking care of the rust. Oh another thing dad wants me to work on his 83 f100 and get it going again so I'm gonna be pretty busy with that. His is exactly like John's. I have soo much to do but so little time, when will it all end.