Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2005, 12:35 PM
New User

commonhack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile Propane Injection Systems

I have been trying to reseach information on Propane Injection System for a 6.0L Diesel. Does anyone have any experience with these systems and any suggestions?
Old 09-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Senior User

OMCUSNR is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by commonhack
I have been trying to reseach information on Propane Injection System for a 6.0L Diesel. Does anyone have any experience with these systems and any suggestions?

This was under your post when I opened it. Why do you want to try blow up your motor or tranny? I just don't understand guys who want to drag race a 4 ton towing vehicle, I guess. My truck works fine w/out all the stuff that shortens its life.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Senior User

dscofever is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was looking into the propane injection systems. I wanted to look into the pro's and con's of the system. This made me stop looking.

http://www.bankspower.com/FAQs_highperform.cfm#1

There are plenty of ways to add power to your rig a lot safer than propane. If you do install it...you may look like this----------->
Old 09-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Get a nice drink, pull up a comfy chair, and start reading this thread:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...light=methanol
This one is pretty good to:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...light=methanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMCUSNR
I just don't understand guys who want to drag race a 4 ton towing vehicle, I guess. My truck works fine w/out all the stuff that shortens its life.
Thats the beauty of it. You don't have to understand it. Just respect that its thier choice.
My (7.3l) PSD is pretty much bone stock, because it is used for our small business. If it has any down time, it is a serious inconvenience to us.
However, for some people they want a vehicle that is different, and they aren't as worried about longegevity or reliability - I know, I have been there (not with a truck mind you).

How different is a 7000lb diesel truck that is quicker than a Mustang GT?

Last edited by BigF350; 09-17-2005 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:34 PM
New User

commonhack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Propane Systems

I appriciate your concerns about the longevity of my truck. I wasnt looking for a system for more power but to give me more fuel milage!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Postmaster

Customz has a good reputation on FTE.Customz has a good reputation on FTE.Customz has a good reputation on FTE.
Ya gotta remember, you'll be burning 2 types of fuel so the MPG needs to be figured with gallons of propane burned too. Propane is a much cheaper fuel too! I don't know if the cost of initial setup will ever be paid for by a propane system...and longevity could be an issue as well.

Maybe PSD 60L Fx4 will chime in and I haven't seen Choctaw Bob or Bighoss550 around these parts in a while.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Junior User

powershotone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Propane injection/fumigation when used properly is a very safe and effective means of increasing torque, horsepower and fuel ecomony.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Elder User

Mark at DPPI is starting off with a positive reputation.
commonhack,

We are MSD digital propane distributors. I feel it is the safest available and has the most capability to get you MPG without causing the engine any problems etc. They are set up with countless safety checks etc. Check it out at their site, MSD.com if I remember correctly.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 09-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Posting Guru

Vic_Ferrari is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Vic_Ferrari is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDPP
commonhack,

We are MSD digital propane distributors. I feel it is the safest available and has the most capability to get you MPG without causing the engine any problems etc. They are set up with countless safety checks etc. Check it out at their site, MSD.com if I remember correctly.

Mark @ DPPI
MSD is a GREAT system.

I have been testing it recently, and it makes great power on a totally stock truck (with great drivability) and stacks for ridiculous power with the CORRECT tune.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:34 AM
Elder User

Twin Tritons is starting off with a positive reputation.
What's the CORRECT tune to stack it with. I have the SCMT 1704 and had been looking at getting either water injection or propane in the future. I believe you mentioned before that the 1704 was made for stock trucks and I'd need a custom tune if using water or propane injection.

2010 F-150 Raptor 4x4, 6.2L
Old 09-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Posting Guru

Vic_Ferrari is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Vic_Ferrari is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin Tritons
What's the CORRECT tune to stack it with. I have the SCMT 1704 and had been looking at getting either water injection or propane in the future. I believe you mentioned before that the 1704 was made for stock trucks and I'd need a custom tune if using water or propane injection.
Correct.

The 1704 will not be ideal with propane.
It may make more power, but propane requires a different injection timing curve (and fueling rate) to make max power.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Elder User

Industrial_dude is starting off with a positive reputation.
what kind of timing curve is ideal? I have the edge and the sct flasher with the max torque tune how bout that one?
08 F250 6.4PSD 4x4 Lariat CC with Nav,04 EX 6.0 mods: u name it I prolly got it*sold* 07 Ranger 4x4 Tremor pkg,07 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R, 06 KTM 450SX, 04 Suzuki RMZ250, 07 Eliminator 30ft eagle twin HO's, 04 Suzuki RMZ250, 02 TPD 28ft full of sand toys
Old 09-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Industrial_dude
what kind of timing curve is ideal? I have the edge and the sct flasher with the max torque tune how bout that one?
That's "proprietary information".

LOL

My best advice is to go through an SCT dealer with propane experience on the 6.0L
Old 10-04-2005, 02:12 PM
Senior User

Fordafied is starting off with a positive reputation.
Get yourself a custom burned flip chip for the propane. Go with a Jody Tipton or a Tony Wildman chip. Those that don't understand propane are usually scared of it. Do your homework and you will be fine. I have been running Propane for awhile and not have any problems.
As far as racing a 4 ton truck, there is just something about the looks on the faces of unsuspecting people when you leave them in awe because that 4 tons truck just smoked your A--.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:12 PM