Been here (FTE) just not HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 02:28 AM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Been here (FTE) just not HERE!

OK folks,
I recently got a welcome email from slmann reminding me that I joined this chapter and that I haven't been around. Just kinda wondering who the other members are here and what we may have in comon in addition to Ford Trucks and the state of Missouri. By way of introduction, I'm Joe. Live and work (for the most part) in St. Louis in the entertainment industry. My connection here is primarily through the Big Bronco Forum as I have TWO (one dead, one still bucking). The wife nearly joined our ranks about three months ago. Had her heart set on a new Superduty but couldn't get past the Mustang corral before she took one home. I don't know how many horses one is allowed to stable in the City of St. Louis but I think I may be in some sort of violation by this time. I stable two fullsize Broncos, a buddy's early Bronco ('77) and an '05 Pony (Mustang) right here in the city.

If anyone needs info, parts, etc. I have a large volume of both at my disposal when it comes to the models I have mentioned (well maybe not new Mustang parts). My principal hobby is learning anything I can about the F-series/Bronco from the EEC-IV fuel injection era. Basically this is from about 1986-1995. 96 was the advent of the OBD-II in these models unless you are dealing with CA equipped vehicles. I've been a shade-tree mechanic since I was old enough to turn a wrench. It fascinates me and keeps me out of trouble (most of the time).

How about others? Just kinda want an idea who to look for, wave to, honk at, or avoid "gesturing" to as I travel in and around MO.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:58 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Joe good to have you back. I live south of St. Louis in Imperial. I work in St. Louis on the produce terminal market. I'm just learning to work on my own vehicles so any help would be great. I have gotten alot of help from guy's in the Mo chapter already. I currently have a 2002 F-150 4x4 and a 86 Ranger 4x4 but I love the early Bronco's and hopefully will own one someday.

Scott

Old 09-14-2005, 07:47 PM
g84t8f1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Joe.i Live In Hannibal. I'm Working On My 48 F1.i've Put In A 351 Cleveland , A C4 Tranny ,9' Rearend And Power Steering.getting Redy To Rebuild The Front End And Add Disc Brakes.hope To Take It To The Shows Next Year.do Any Mud Racing Or Trail Riding?
Art

Old 09-14-2005, 09:47 PM
jeffh
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Joe -- I live in South St. Louis, with a '50 F3 and *ahem* another vehicle. If anyone drives by Bates Street Tire (Bates and Morganford) in the next few days, my truck should be sitting outside...

Old 09-15-2005, 11:41 PM
wcmo sae
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Joe! I'm out in New Haven, NW Franklin County. Check out the signature for the rundown of blue ovals in my driveway. I work on my 2 Ford trucks and my dad's boat when I can and feel like doing so. I'm looking to upgrade my Expy to a SD soon, but that's been put on hold for right now b/c of my parents. Don't know too much about the Broncos, but I might ask you a question or two if I need help with my '90. Great to see you back on here!

Old 09-16-2005, 03:02 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffh
Hey Joe -- I live in South St. Louis, with a '50 F3 and *ahem* another vehicle. If anyone drives by Bates Street Tire (Bates and Morganford) in the next few days, my truck should be sitting outside...
BST! Now you're talkin'. Thats my "neck of the woods" too. I'm at Loughborough and Gravois. '93 Bronco and an '05 Mustang out front (when we aren't running around like fools). At any rate, good hear from folks. Keep 'em coming I've got friends in the KC area and Osage Beach areas as well.