Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tonneau Cover Recommendation??

Old 09-11-2005, 08:41 PM
okibama
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tonneau Cover Recommendation??

Hi,

I'm shopping for a Tonneau Cover for my 05 SCREW. Does anyone have experience with those listed below, and/or can you recommend one?

Thanks!

VersaCover Tonneau Covers:

http://www.versacover.com/

RollBak® Tonneau Cover:

http://www.rollbaktonneaucover.com/home

Retrax Cover:

http://www.rolltopcover.com/

Old 09-11-2005, 09:12 PM
tlincoln
New User
I have a soft TruXedo Low Profile tonneau cover on my 05 Screw and I'm really happy with it. I went "soft" because I think the rigid covers limit the capabilities or are more of a pain to remove when needing to use the box. Truxedo does not require a roll-up box in the front of the bed to take up permanent space either. With the tailgate lock, it is secure, ptovided no one knifes through the soft top.

I would recommend this to friends.

www.truxedo.com

Old 09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
GOP
Junior User
This was a decision that I agonized over for quite awhile. I narrowed it down to the versacover and the retrax. I came to the conclusion after reading many reviews on both that they were high quality covers, each with advantages and disadvantages. I decided on the retrax for one big reason, cargo. I you want to haul something taller than your bed, you must first remove the cover, while it didnt seem too hard, its still something that I wouldnt want to be doing everytime I went to go get something. Also, what if you need to haul something at a moments notice, where do you put the cover? I didnt like the idea of having my bed access restricted. On the other hand nothing compares to the simplicity and durability of a high quality hard tonno such as the versacover. The retrax is a very high quality cover, its only been on for a year, so I cant comment on its long term reliability, but so ar its been good to me, we'll see in five years if I feel the same.

My opinion is you wont go wrong with either the versacover or the retrax, If I used my bed as just a large trunk I would have gone with the versacover, but since I haul large items on a regular basis, I went with the retrax.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 AM
ISUPhiPsi1052
Junior User
I would highly recommend a soft tonneau made by Downey. I've had their SST model on my last 2 F150's. The hold up great and fit even better...

Old 09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
tmoney67
Junior User
I got the Access cover for my 05 F150 and so far have been very happy with it. Do a search on the web for Access cover and check out their website. That will do a better job explaining it. I definitely think a soft tonneau is more versatile vs the hard cover which basicly makes your truck box a large trunk. Just my thoughts.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:59 PM
kd4crs
Senior User
Get an Undercover. It is light, sturdy, and lockable. I love mine. Bet ya couldn't tell.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:39 PM
3fan
Freshman User
I also went with the TruXedo lopro on my 2005 STX flareside. It looks great and is made to take a beating. Its made by Shurco, the same company that makes many of the heavy covers for Semi Trailers. The design is very close to the Access. However, I personally liked the metal latch on the TruXedo as apposed to the plastic on the Access. I love it!

Old 10-13-2005, 05:46 PM
LACityFD
Senior User
I have a SnugTop cover and couldn't be happier. It is color matched perfectly and I have an unusual color -- Stone Metallic. Cost me about 800 bux OTD.

-Louie

Old 10-13-2005, 10:40 PM
rgatian
New User
I have the Retrax...

I got it on a recommendation of a buddy and am very happy with it. While it is expensive, it is very nice.

Old 10-14-2005, 09:27 AM
knutson
Freshman User
retrax for me as well...however it is a little pricey...no doubt...

Old 10-14-2005, 10:47 AM
fx4me
Freshman User
i'm with LAcityFD. snugtop sl. very nice. i was thinking about the versacover, but i thought it was too bulky looking, and the shiny black texture would look funny on my white truck.

Search this Thread