Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Junior User

okibama is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Tonneau Cover Recommendation??

Hi,

I'm shopping for a Tonneau Cover for my 05 SCREW. Does anyone have experience with those listed below, and/or can you recommend one?

Thanks!

VersaCover Tonneau Covers:

http://www.versacover.com/

RollBak® Tonneau Cover:

http://www.rollbaktonneaucover.com/home

Retrax Cover:

http://www.rolltopcover.com/
Old 09-11-2005, 09:12 PM
New User

tlincoln is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a soft TruXedo Low Profile tonneau cover on my 05 Screw and I'm really happy with it. I went "soft" because I think the rigid covers limit the capabilities or are more of a pain to remove when needing to use the box. Truxedo does not require a roll-up box in the front of the bed to take up permanent space either. With the tailgate lock, it is secure, ptovided no one knifes through the soft top.

I would recommend this to friends.

www.truxedo.com
Old 09-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Junior User

GOP is starting off with a positive reputation.
This was a decision that I agonized over for quite awhile. I narrowed it down to the versacover and the retrax. I came to the conclusion after reading many reviews on both that they were high quality covers, each with advantages and disadvantages. I decided on the retrax for one big reason, cargo. I you want to haul something taller than your bed, you must first remove the cover, while it didnt seem too hard, its still something that I wouldnt want to be doing everytime I went to go get something. Also, what if you need to haul something at a moments notice, where do you put the cover? I didnt like the idea of having my bed access restricted. On the other hand nothing compares to the simplicity and durability of a high quality hard tonno such as the versacover. The retrax is a very high quality cover, its only been on for a year, so I cant comment on its long term reliability, but so ar its been good to me, we'll see in five years if I feel the same.

My opinion is you wont go wrong with either the versacover or the retrax, If I used my bed as just a large trunk I would have gone with the versacover, but since I haul large items on a regular basis, I went with the retrax.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 AM
Junior User

ISUPhiPsi1052 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would highly recommend a soft tonneau made by Downey. I've had their SST model on my last 2 F150's. The hold up great and fit even better...
Old 09-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Junior User

tmoney67 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got the Access cover for my 05 F150 and so far have been very happy with it. Do a search on the web for Access cover and check out their website. That will do a better job explaining it. I definitely think a soft tonneau is more versatile vs the hard cover which basicly makes your truck box a large trunk. Just my thoughts.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:59 PM
Senior User

kd4crs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Get an Undercover. It is light, sturdy, and lockable. I love mine. Bet ya couldn't tell.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Freshman User

3fan is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also went with the TruXedo lopro on my 2005 STX flareside. It looks great and is made to take a beating. Its made by Shurco, the same company that makes many of the heavy covers for Semi Trailers. The design is very close to the Access. However, I personally liked the metal latch on the TruXedo as apposed to the plastic on the Access. I love it!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Senior User

LACityFD is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a SnugTop cover and couldn't be happier. It is color matched perfectly and I have an unusual color -- Stone Metallic. Cost me about 800 bux OTD.

-Louie
Old 10-13-2005, 10:40 PM
New User

rgatian is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have the Retrax...

I got it on a recommendation of a buddy and am very happy with it. While it is expensive, it is very nice.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Freshman User

knutson is starting off with a positive reputation.
retrax for me as well...however it is a little pricey...no doubt...
Old 10-14-2005, 10:47 AM
Freshman User

fx4me is starting off with a positive reputation.
i'm with LAcityFD. snugtop sl. very nice. i was thinking about the versacover, but i thought it was too bulky looking, and the shiny black texture would look funny on my white truck.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:47 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners