Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Junior User

lacofdfireman is starting off with a positive reputation.
How much are you paying for Biodiesel per gallon?

I have read alot of post where people are puchasing biodiesel from a pump. Probably a co op or something. Just wondering what it is selling for per gallon? Also are you having any problems running it in the 6.0? Is there any grades to stay away from etc? I have been doing some research on biodiesel but and there is so much info out there it is kinda hard to know where to start. I love the thought of my truck smelling like french fries but must say I am kind worried that it might make me crave In-N-Out burger a little more. How hard is it to brew your own? And is it real time consuming?
04 Twister Hammerhead II
Old 09-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Senior User

laredo7mma is starting off with a positive reputation.
B100 here in SW Michigan is $3.80 a gallon. B5 and B20 are also readily available in my area. B20 is typically $0.15 higher per gallon than #2 diesel. The only thing that will smell like french fries cooking is B100.

Do a search for "biodiesel" on Google and you can read for days on how to make your own. If you want more technical reading, do a Google search for "methyl esters" and "C18"
Old 09-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Senior User

Monster Duty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laredo7mma
B100 here in SW Michigan is $3.80 a gallon. B5 and B20 are also readily available in my area. B20 is typically $0.15 higher per gallon than #2 diesel.
What is the price of #2 diesel in you area ?
Old 09-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Junior User

StephenA is starting off with a positive reputation.
BioDiesel is higher here. If you can even find it. Reg Diesel (Chevron) is $2.74 here and BioWillie is $3.50. I've only found 2 stations in TX. You have to mod the engine for the DYI stuff.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:17 PM
New User

FordCountryBoy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't have to mod the engine for the DIY stuff. If you watched trucks last week stacy made it and ran it on the normal engine. Check out trucks website if you want to DIY, they showed a complete system, and no mods to do to the engine.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Junior User

StephenA is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do you have the links to that site?
Old 09-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Senior User

laredo7mma is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diesel here in SW Mich is around $2.83.

No engine mods are needed to run bio diesel. Bio diesel is veggie oil that has been transesterfied into methyl esters or ethyl esters.

That is completely different than running straight veggie oil or straight waste veggie oil. To run straight veggie oils, modifications are typically needed.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels