1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Progress report, questions

Old 09-06-2005, 07:13 AM
Narwhal
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Progress report, questions

Worked all weekend on the truck, got the fenders roughly mounted, then put the hood on. In trying to close the hood, the weld broke that held the hood sheet metal to the hood support where the hinge attaches. Also scratched the cowl paint. Took the hood back off, repaired it and am ready to reattach. I've tried to push down on the upper hinge bar where the hood attaches and it won't move, looks like it is interconnected to the lower hinge bar and they move as a team. How do I exercise this part to make sure it doesn't cause more problems?

Also, how is the vent window held into its frame? Can't find any rubber for that ???

-Scott

'53 F100 (probably to be named Elvis, cause the overspray from the Crystal Blue Metallic paint made my sneakers into blue suede shoes...)

-Scott

Old 09-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scott -

Sorry I can't help with the hood stuff. Mine isn't stock.

As to the vent window, you need a Shop Manual. It has all the info on installation/removal and a great set of instructions with sequencing. The rubber seals are available from a lot of different suppliers. (One source: John's F-Fun Hundreds, p/n 21448B $60/pr. 1-714-563-F100).

Old 09-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Narwhal
Senior User
I've got the $60 vent window seals, but they seal the metal frame holding the vent window to the front and bottom of the vent window opening. What holds the glass into the open-ended triangle of the vent window frame?

-Scott

Old 09-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scott -

The seal of the glass to the frame uses some standar packing that any auto glass guy will be able to provide. Don't know what it's called. My glass guy put the tinted glass into the frames for cheap, tho.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Narwhal
Senior User
Thanks.

-Scott

Search this Thread