Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

where'd everyone go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 10:55 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
where'd everyone go?

Got real quiet again, everyone just real busy, or something? Not really much going on, just seeing if anyone else has something they'd like to share to liven things up a bit...

Sometime in the next week or so I have to go to Madison, Wi to get a 66 Mustang the nephew bought. He is very inexperienced mechanically, and not all theat well inclined... he bid on this car as a bare shell, not knowing that he could work out a deal to get basically most of the parts to put it together. He really lucked out there. The guy cut him a deal offline to get the majority of the parts to put it together, but it still needs to have the floors, frame rails and trunk floors fixed, and who knows what else. The guy is going to put the suspension back on so i can at least load and unload it...
My planned route will be likely through eastern Ia to Dubuque, then on to Madison that way, and back the same, but over to Marengo to drop the car at my parents for storage until he can move it to Idaho, where he lives...(anyone else think this wasn't really a great move? but it's his money...)

Old 09-18-2005, 11:10 AM
fordsrgrt
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
been pretty busy driving myself,that and trying to get my kid on the right path at school,thanks to my parents who are helping out on that one.got a .03 cpm raise at work last week,after only 2 weeks there .went to the boggs over at morrision yesterday.seeing what my competition will be for next year.think i got a plan and a truck that could kick some serious chebby tail next year .

Old 09-18-2005, 12:37 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
I finally got some more pics of my rig downloaded to my gallery for those who are interested...

Old 09-19-2005, 12:54 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well not much going on here either been working on putting up a fence around the back yard since the nieghbors house sold and will probably end up a rental I want a 6' high fence keeping the screaming kids (and probably thieving adults if history is any indicator) out of my yard.
Other than that doing a few minor maintanence items to all of the trucks, making a few minor mods to the race truck and starting on planning my winters projects for it.
Then I have races the next 2 weekends so getting ready for those (suppose I should start a thread about that too)
BTW Roger I will be driving through idaho over the christmas shutdown time.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:13 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
what are you running out there? May be able to get your fuel covered or partially covered, have to see if the nephew would be interested in having that Mustang hauled out there, have to see, and of course depends on what you are doing. Otherwise, if you don't mind a couple riders... may be fun!

Old 09-19-2005, 01:24 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Well we are going out to visit my family, and were taking the F250 since it's the most dependable vehicle we have,and get the best fuel economy with the PSD. most probably going to take I90 out, and I84, and I80 back.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:19 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
that doesn't quite make it to Boise... oh well, it was a thought.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:23 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

actually I 84 goes right through Boise.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:29 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
but I-90 is north of there, unless you were going to cut through Yellowstone or south from Missoula or such, if you're heading for Washington, that's kinda out of the way isn't it?

Old 09-19-2005, 02:48 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

I am making a round trip over one way back the other I have family in moses lake, Bremerton, and vancouver WA so will take one hiway out, and then come back on the other one rather than backtrack, plus my wife has never been west of SD,
I had thought about going out on I90 and back on I84 but I could reverse that if I had reason it really isn't a big issue as long as I see the whole family. And at this time we are still planning and nothing is set n stone yet.

Old 09-19-2005, 03:11 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Well, when he gets ahold of me about getting it picked up, I can ask him about it. I think a ride along will have be let go, besides, you only have an extended cab, and I wouldn't want to make your wife ride in the back, especially in your own truck... I'm not the best travel companion that way anymore, can't be cramped up like that for long times.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:29 AM
69 and 85
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got done with vacation myself. My son-in-law is home now. ( originally from Mexico, he got stuck there for the last six months - he's a great guy and unfortunately due to regulation changes as a result of 9/11 he had to wait 6 months in Mexico for some paperwork processing.) He's been helping me with some home improvements and getting the shop finished.

Not that our house is huge, but it is decent sized and we are all comfortable and things have been going great.

He is even learning appreciation for Ford Trucks ( He has one of those fancy S-10s - can't remember the trim package name!) He wants to help fix up / drive my 85 and helped me pull a cab off my F350. I sold the rolling frame from the F350 - too many projects laying around.

It was real nice spending a couple weeks at home with family... BTW my M+F -in-law are also visiting so technically we have 12 in the house for a week!

Old 09-24-2005, 08:11 PM
nogo73
Posting Guru
having alot of computer trouble lately so I got a mac hopefully I have less trouble with spyware and viruses. hard to keep up with this when I got to fiddle with the computer for 2 hours before i can use it.

Old 09-28-2005, 03:34 PM
michaelbrainardatwor
More Turbo
I am in the process of 15 different projects...putting an addition on my garage for our new boat - blew the head gasket on my frigging Dodge Neon..( wanna come help??? PLEASE? )... two bathrooms in pieces being remodeled...work, wife, kids...christ no time for anything! Gotta get the garage done before the snow files! AAAAAAAAAH

Old 09-28-2005, 03:35 PM
concretegarage
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been, busy working on the truck Don't have new pics yet though.

Quick Reply: where'd everyone go?