Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

OK....I'm REALLY ticked off!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:49 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool OK....I'm REALLY ticked off!

I walked out to go to work this morning and I find the door of my wife's Mustang open, whats left of the window on the ground, and the stereo cut out of the dash!

My car was parked in my driveway....the cops said that there was really nothing they could do and I should watch for 'suspicious' activity and call them with tag numbers. I told him I would call so they could come clean up whats left!

The glass and the stereo are replaceable (and I spent all day today doing just that) (you know how hard it is to find a window for a 94 mustang?????) but it's your sense of security that's pretty much shot!

My wife is really starting to feel unsecure and my daughter is sleeping in our room tonight because of what happened.

Why do people have to do this kind of stuff?

Sorry, I just needed to vent to someone and you guys are my friends so I thought I would bend your ear.

All is well and I think there will be a few more motion detector spotlights around my house after this weekend.

Thanks for listening...er...reading.

Later,

Tim

PS.

Is it legal to wire up your car with a 220 volt bug zapper type security system?

Old 08-29-2005, 11:09 PM
A_G
Posting Guru
prolly not but you write it off as a accidental short circuit..old cars short circuit....sorta

that sucks man...my friends dad had his chevy stolen write out of there driveway..it had big loud flowmasters...it ended up in highspeed chase and it was pretty messed up

Old 08-30-2005, 08:25 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Wow. That's stinks. Sorry to hear that, Tim. Scumbags have nothing better to do than steal from hard working people. I'd keep my eyes peeled at the local pawn shops and local ebay sales. If you know any highschool kids, pass the word around that you are looking for a whatever brand was taken radio to see if someone might have a "new" one for sale.

(Just curious, Was there an alarm on the car, and was it turned on? I leave my truck parked at the curb most of the time and though I think my neighborhood is pretty secure I do leave the alarm on 99% of the time. Haven't had anybody touch it in 4 years.knock on wood.)

The extra motion lights are a good and inexpensive addition. I put a double spot light motion activated light above my garage door in case any body comes in my driveway at night. It goes off when anything as big as my 3yr old son passes in front of the beams. Worthy investment for the peace of mind.

Last edited by cigarxtc; 08-30-2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:38 AM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Nope, no alarm. I never needed it in my neighborhood.

I will be putting up the extra lights this weekend. (I still like my bug zapper idea...)

Old 08-30-2005, 04:49 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tim,

Sorry to hear about the loss. How bout some cameras with the extra lights. A guy I worked with did that to catch vandals. After they were caught, (the kids were reconized) the tapes were shown to the kids parents. After that no more problems.

Mike B

Old 08-31-2005, 03:14 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Hey Tim, what brand of stereo was taken? Were any speakers also removed?

Old 08-31-2005, 03:38 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
It was a 5 year old Panasonic CD player...nothing fancy. They didn't touch anything else in the car.

My wife is happy again now. I put in a new Jensen last night (nothing fancy) and the new window is working fine.

I guess I look at it now that I don't leave it outside any more at night and I make sure everything is locked.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:48 PM
jja65
5th Wheeling
sorry to about that ,the only thing a thef is good for is target practice

Old 09-02-2005, 04:10 AM
RomerB2
Postmaster
Sorry to hear about that Tim. A couple of summers ago I had an Eclipse headunit along with Infinity speakers, a 10" Kicker CVR and some no-name amp that all got stolen. I had a 20oz bottle (unopened) in my hand, before I knew it, the contents were all over the place (I squeezed a little hard). At least you have a new HU in and the window fixed. I still haven't fixed my window, the passenger side is messed up.

Old 12-16-2005, 10:42 PM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Arrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!! Not Again!!!!!

So I'm at work today and my wife calls me to tell me that she went out around 2pm and the passenger window of my Expedition has been broken out and the inside of the truck is TRASHED!

I can't believe that someone would have the jewels to break in to another one of my vehicles in BROAD DAYLIGHT!!!!

The only thing they got was a bunch of burned CD's but they also busted the top off my CD changer when they were trying to get it out.

I haven't done anything to tick anybody off! WHY ME!!!

Stan, you have been to my house...it's a good neighborhood!?!

I have installed motion lights on my house...not much good in the daylight.
I guess I will be installing cameras and putting up security signs. Maybe that will stop them. If not, I'll be sleeping in my truck and they will be staring down a barrel next time.

Police have now been to my house for 2 different break-ins. I just don't know what to do!

The window is fixed, T'll have to rebuild my CD changer and get the window tinted again.

I'm getting tired of this!

Anybody got a pet attack alligator they want to sell me????

Later Guys,

Tim

Old 12-16-2005, 10:59 PM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Dang Tim, sorry to hear that....thats a bad run of luck if i ever seen one....its a shame when you cant have something without worrying about someone tearing it up for you....i know it sucks now, but what comes around goes around, they will get theirs....we all have to answer for everything we do eventually....

Old 12-17-2005, 12:06 AM
A_G
Posting Guru
You have a garage right? garage it.

Or talk to lane dexter from NW chapter. There were talking about someting like wireing up the car so anybody that touches get a shock. I think its in random bablings. 6-7 page

Old 12-17-2005, 01:18 AM
dakota_viking
Elder User
Originally Posted by A_G
You have a garage right? garage it.
It's an Expedition...I'd need a whole lot more garage and besides that, I'm never parking the wife's Mustang (my baby) outside again....

When I lived in Iowa, my garage was big enough to park nearly 3 vehicles in as well as a motorcycle or 2. This garage is about 1 and 1/2 car garage and with all of my tools and equipment, 1 car is almost pushing it.

I think I'll be locking at least one of my vehicles in my buddy's shop. (He's already got my 76 F250 in there.... Maybe I can get the Expy in there too!

Just don't know why people think they can steal from those who work hard for what they have.....

Old 12-17-2005, 09:33 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Tim,

Sorry to hear about trouble again. Sounds like you need to enclose your entire driveway. Make it 1 long garage!!! We used to line on 79th ct, big house right on the corner at 123rd. We moved out when people started having things missing from their garages. A police officer lived about 4 houses from us. Once he left the door open and had stuff stolen from him. That's even with a police car parked in the garage. Even in my neighborhood now, we've been warned to leave the garage doors closed if your not in it. There is nothing sacred anymore.

Mike

Old 12-17-2005, 02:24 PM
RomerB2
Postmaster
That really sucks Tim, seems like nobody has respect for the common man anymore.

Quick Reply: OK....I'm REALLY ticked off!