Louisiana Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: rbloodhound

Katrina

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 09:58 PM
peppy
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Katrina

Good Luck Everyone. Get Your Floaties Out.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:44 PM
02superstroker
Posting Guru
I hope everyone is doing okay...

our prayers are with yall...

Old 08-30-2005, 09:22 PM
bosshoss
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

We wish you all better days. We have delt with storms in the past, but not to the degree you all have this time. The water will go away in time. Best wishes for you all.

Dave P

Old 08-30-2005, 10:59 PM
beeboy
Postmaster
even in the Pacific Northwest, we think about you guys down there, and pray that you are safe.

Old 08-31-2005, 05:21 AM
ol yeller
Elder User
Yall take care over there folks.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:02 PM
92CajunExpress
Senior User
Thumbs up Thank You All

I would like to thank you all here on FTE for the support. As everyone can see our great state and Mississippi has a lot of work to do. We are all okay around my House only minor damage but, I'm seeing the mess this Disaster brought all over Especally here at home in Gonzales. Looking at the Pictures on the News it looks like hell just broke lose nothing can describe it. This has to be one of the biggest Disasters the United States has faced so far. We are doing our part by bring in a family without power to our House and allowing people to come shower at the house. That is pretty much what I have to say things will be normal once agian but it will be a while.

Old 08-31-2005, 09:14 PM
bosshoss
Elder User
WAY To go 92cajun Express. Things that your family are doing are a sign there is hope, for this old world. hi-five to you and the family.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:46 PM
C Mionske/Cook
Senior User
Pass the word

I can't say that I know anyone personally in the wake of this disaster. I'm in Manteno, Illinois and part of the Illinois Chapter of FTE. I've called everyone I can think of all across the country. There are many communities coming together to send all the help we can send.
The Red Cross is collecting money to help. There are many like our little town who have local businesses who are taking donations in goods and these gracious people are joining a convoy from across the country to get clothes, bedding, baby needs, personal needs, unparishable foods, batteries and anything else we can think of to the people as soon as they can.
I know of no other way to get the word out to New Orleans that help is coming. I'm asking if this forum can pass the word.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all. Keep up the hope.

Old 09-02-2005, 08:48 AM
bulldog3531
Senior User
I wish ya'll the best. I am from New orleans. Right now I am stationed in Jacksonville NC. My family still lives there. Help is on the way 3 ship loaded with Marines and cargo left yesterday to head down there. Good luck and best of wishes. Ya'll are in our prayers.
Randall (bulldog3531)

Old 09-04-2005, 11:44 PM
dragonslayer
Senior User
There is a bunch of Firefighters coming from Kansas.

Old 09-05-2005, 05:03 PM
70blue
Postmaster
I sincerely hope everyone in this chapter and their families did ok in the storm. I wish everyone could have did ok.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:27 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just thought I'd let ya know your brothers in the Kansas chapter are thinking of you and wish the best!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Voodoo66
Junior User
Morning everyone from the city that now sleeps unrestfully..........Everyone down here in southern louisiana appreciate everyones thoughts. I have been unable to get on here for the last three weeks due to Katrina and I'm sure many of my New Orleans metro area brothers feel the same. Life is rough down here as every one know's but we will survive. We are just hoping that 'Rita' doesnt come our way since we cant take any more that 3 feet of water before we flood agian. I'm finally back to work which is a blessing since funds were depleteing rapidly but wife is still out and has no idea when she can go back. Many of my co-workers have lost everything except the clothes on their back, more than 80% of our dealership has quit and relocated to live elsewhere. It's just one of those situations where during the day you hold your head up high and at night you cant do anything but cry because "home" (our city) is gone (either destroyed or unsafe in every possible way from damage to looters). I am in no way looking for sympathy because I was fortunate to survive since I stayed for the storm and did not suffer much damage. I wish Texas the best of luck and hope Rita stays away from us.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:43 PM
70blue
Postmaster
Voodoo I know you do not have anything near normalcy. I am glad you atleast survived this storm. Just be careful during rita. Hope everyone else did and will continue to do ok too.

Old 09-23-2005, 10:17 PM
bosshoss
Elder User
I just hoped this storm would not even get into your waters down there. Not to wish it on another state, but please stay away from you all. We all wish you best in this situation. Give the wife a big hug and hello from us here.

Dave P.

Quick Reply: Katrina