The chat system has been overhauled. Here's a run down of the new features:
1. The top of every forum page now lists all users in the chat system, plus has a direct link to the chat system.
2. Chat system now has a larger screen area. It used to target 640x480 screens, now it targets 800x600.
3. Newer version of the chat server and chat client.
4. Chat client is now more cross-browser compliant. Any major browser with Java support will work with it.
5. Chat port moved from IRC chat port (6666) to http alternate port. This will help with some users who can't chat due to firewall issues.
Individual chat channels for each chapter is in the works.
Just tried it. Nice and easy to use even for a dullard such as myself. Might use it alot more often now that it's easy to see who is on and only a click away.
Can it be set up to open in a new window? Wouldn't lose my place in the forums that way.
His: 01 F-250 Lariat, 7.3, ZF-6, NV271
Hers: 06 Freestar SEL 4.2l
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Sounds good, but unfortunately with my luck, it doesn work with me. I get to the part where it says 'Loggin into Server..." and stays there forever. Does it with FireFox and IE. I'll R&R Java and hopefully see ya'll in there
I'm glad ya'll finnaly brought it out to plain view. It used to be kinda hidden in the background. Either way,It's nice. Now if only it had a more "Pleasurable" look to it. Not ******* on it,But it looks like its from the 80's on an IBM 5150.
But thats good because its simple to use.
If anyone knows how to set up the old 5 1/2" Drive bays to work on a newer computer,Lemme know. Or get a newer floppy drive (3 1/2") to work on an old IBM.
I'm trying to get my IBM 5150 running again and the DOS on it is dead.
Wrong forum I know,but since the question went with the post,I figured,Why not.
1989 F150 Custom-Straight 6 300 C.I. "Lizzy"
2001 Chevy Silverado "Silvia"
2006 Gulfstream Cavalier
Rust is lighter than Carbon Fiber. If you try to fail and succeed, Did you fail or succeed?
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.