Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: UP_There

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Junior User

dools is starting off with a positive reputation.
Babbitt Ford

ok, so heres the deal guys. I bought an old truck up here in Alaska, but the guy has lost the title somewhere. He went to DMV to get a new one, but dmv says that theres a lien against the truck....from 1976. The scoop is, the guy I'm buying the truck from paid it off in 18 months (1977), but because DMV's records do not show it being paid off, they wont give him the clear title to sell it to me. Also, the kicker is, the Babbitt Ford Employee Credit Union he bought it from in Arizona (I believe Prescott) has been out of business for about 15 or so years. Does anyone know how I can get some info on this or who to contact down there?
Old 08-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Elder User

desertdave35 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It would seem to me that if the business is no longer around, they wouldn't have an interest in the truck anyways. Just send a certified letter to the last known address of the business. When you get it back marked undeliverable then take that to the DMV and show them the company no longer exsists. Another option is to have him contact the DMV from Arizona and ask for a re-issue of the title here. Maybe their records will show the lien being removed.
http://groups.msn.com/1991SilverAnniversaryBroncogroup
Old 08-30-2005, 08:26 AM