Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Junior User

OldSHO is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello everybody

Hello every one, I just joined the forum. My name is Kira, and I own an 88 f250 lariet, with the 460 big block, multi-port fuel injection, long bed. and well its not doing so well. but any way I'd love to hear from you all. and hope this forum goes better than the last one that I joined when I owned my 89 Taurus SHO.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
Welcome Kira!

Its been a little slow around here lately, some of us travel for work, others just started new jobs. But I hope it picks up soon! We have some good people here. I had offered my house for a BBQ, but work got in the way. Hopefully when we can all get our schedules straight, we can actually make it happen...

When you can't buy what you want, build what you want.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:04 AM
Senior User

goodie350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome Kira

I'm sure you'll get your truck running great with all the knowledge from members.

Clint

1993 F350 Crewcab
7.3 IDI turbo 4X4 SRW
Old 08-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Elder User

mjwhip2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome Kira, Good to have you aboard. Hope to see you at one of our get togethers sometime.
Mike
Old 08-29-2005, 12:35 AM
Senior User

Zane M is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome Kira! We 460 owners(although mine is "old school" compared to yours) need to stick together!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Junior User

true. but yours is probably in a lot better shape. mine was a gift from my parents and grandparents. they bought it from a trucking company, who used it to pull the big semi trailers and as a snow plow. plus the guy that they let drive it really beat it bad. so I get to rebuild the engine. but it still runs. the most recent thing that has broke is my rear right brake cylinder now leaks leaving me with no brakes at all. but I still live my truck it was my first car. and well it probably didn't help that I raced it to. but it was so fun to see the looks on the honda, and other rice burners faces when a truck. let alone a girl handed them the butt to them in a hand basket. ( don't know if you caan swear).
Old 08-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Postmaster

CobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to beholdCobraXP is a splendid one to behold
Yeah...

You're going to fit in fine with this bunch...

All except Mike (mjwhip2). He has this nice 350 4x4 - but chooses to drive his Honda Civic to a Ford meet instead...

(Mike is a good guy - I'm just giving him hell... )

Old 08-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Junior User

I have plans to really make my truck look and run great. but I'm sure that my paint job is gonna cost me an arm and a leg. but I'll be the only one with it. don't wanna say what it will be, cause don't want it copied. that was the problem i ran into with my SHO. all my now ex friends decided that they liked the fact that a lot of people didn't expect a taurus to do what that car did. so they all bought one. then started a club, and didn't want to acknoweledge that I was the first person with the SHO in that club. cause I had a different color hood. But it breathed better than theirs. cause I got the SHO-plus hood that was hard to find. so I said the hell with it and left. and eventually sold the car. cost to much to fix it. and you couldn't find alot of parts for it any more, cause it was such a rare car. especially the 89 like I had. I miss it in some ways and in others I don't miss it.

Last edited by OldSHO; 08-29-2005 at 11:56 PM. Reason: wrong word
Old 08-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Elder User

mjwhip2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraXP
Yeah...

You're going to fit in fine with this bunch...

All except Mike (mjwhip2). He has this nice 350 4x4 - but chooses to drive his Honda Civic to a Ford meet instead...
First off, its an F250 thank you very much, secondly, it wasn't exactly a Ford meet. It just happened to be a car show that a couple of people who happened to meet on a Ford website happened to meet there.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:56 AM
Freshman User

ken woodward is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to the club. We're just a bunch of folks with ol beat up trucks anyway. Hopefully, we can get this site rolling. Dave, we still really need to have a GTG. I'll be at the Peach days show on the 10th with the L. Anyone that want to come, I'll have aa cold beer waiting. KEN
Old 08-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwhip2
First off, its an F250 thank you very much, secondly, it wasn't exactly a Ford meet. It just happened to be a car show that a couple of people who happened to meet on a Ford website happened to meet there.

Picky, picky, picky......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Woodward
Dave, we still really need to have a GTG. I'll be at the Peach days show on the 10th with the L. Anyone that want to come, I'll have aa cold beer waiting. KEN
Sept 10th - the in-laws are here, and I will be the designated tour guide to a trip to Jackson Hole to see even more in-relatives. Just about anytime after that is fine with me.

I still volunteer up my deck and grille for a cookout if anyone is interested. That, or if someone knows of a good park we could meet at and bring everything there. Maybe one with picnic area, plenty of parking, etc.

We do need a lot of room though in case Ken starts showing off again... j/k.....

Old 08-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Freshman User

ken woodward is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yea Dave, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla. (Real Funny)!
Old 08-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Junior User

I'll probably be trying to fix my truck. cause right now the only way to stop it is to hit something. back brake cylinder is leaking really bad. but do any of you guys know a good place to get heads for a 460 rebuilt? and since I have it that far apart I might as well have the lower half rebuilt to. so do you know any good places. I want to rebuild, not trade for a new one. so american engine exchange is out. But maybe I can get it fixed and put a temp plate on it. cause I need a new sterring colume for it also. that or a rebuilt one. probably go to a junk yard for that. but the truck runs. sorta. It wont pass emissons at all,and inspection, well wont pass that either. tomany exughst leaks. and no cat. but I only need inspection. cause I licence it out in vernal. grandparents own property. but any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:44 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken woodward
Yea Dave, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla, Bla. (Real Funny)!
I've got to quit picking on you about that. In all honesty, it could have just as easily been me that happened to as you if I would have punched it leaving there (even though you have a little more power than me ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSHO
but do any of you guys know a good place to get heads for a 460 rebuilt? and since I have it that far apart I might as well have the lower half rebuilt to.
I imagine Ken knows probably the best person to use, but I will check with my nextdoor neighbor also. I know he has had some machine work done before. I'll see who he uses....

Old 08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Junior User

Smile

that would be great. any help is needed. I miss driving it. and yeah I woulda punched mine to.

Last edited by OldSHO; 08-31-2005 at 04:52 PM. Reason: to many words
Old 08-31-2005, 04:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Utah Chapter

Tags
beachoff, jeff, road