General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

I REALLY Need to Watch What I Eat Before Bedtime!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 07:41 PM
grover
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I REALLY Need to Watch What I Eat Before Bedtime!!

A few nights ago, I dreamed I bought a Subaru.

That would be bad enough, seeing as I'm pretty much a Ford nut. However, the one and only Subaru I ever owned (an '86 DL wagon) was one of the worst cars I have ever owned. I bought it used, and the @#&* thing broke down so often I got to where I didn't even like to work on it.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I had the hood up on that Subaru in my dream. I had to pull the carb, but when I took it off, what was supposed to be a carburetor looked more like an old brake master cylinder with a flange on the bottom to fit it to a Holley 2-barrel intake.

I don't remember what I had for supper that night, but if I remember, I ain't eating it any more!!!

Old 08-23-2005, 07:51 PM
kingfish51
Posting Guru
Yep, better watch what you eat. You could have dreamed you were driving the new Subaru Tribeca. You know, the one that looks like a Pontiac Aztec sucking on a lemon.

Old 08-23-2005, 09:49 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it must have been "bring the crackpipe to work" day when they made that design

Old 08-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Of course - if you dreamed you were working on the engine itself you would have seen an air cooled VW engine with a lawn sprinkler bolted to the fender well...

Last edited by Greywolf; 08-23-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:38 PM
Jerrybo66
Elder User
I'm afraid of heights and sometimes I wake up with a scream because of a nightmare that I'm stuck on a ledge or slanted roof of a high building or on a cliff with a thousand foot drop. I feel sorry for you. Owning a Subaru is even a worse nightmare than mine....JMHO.....

Old 08-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Glad I don't dream about my old Subee- not really a bad car, but just a rusty piece of tin that had an apetite for right front wheel bearings, and it stank. Of course, it was still coated in gear oil from when the t-case went in my truck while towing the little car.

Old 08-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
Take a couple tea spoons of Motorcraft 5w-30 full synthetic blend. If you still have any bad dreams, try something a little thicker.

- Chris

Old 08-23-2005, 11:17 PM
1bigsteve
Senior User
Talking

Originally Posted by Jerrybo66
I'm afraid of heights and sometimes I wake up with a scream because of a nightmare that I'm stuck on a ledge or slanted roof of a high building or on a cliff with a thousand foot drop. I feel sorry for you. Owning a Subaru is even a worse nightmare than mine....JMHO.....

Jerry, you and I have something incommon. I'm deathly afraid of heights and I have the same types of dreams you do. I often dream some kid has dropped ten feet down onto a narrow ledge about two feet wide on a verticle cliff face of four thousand feet and I'm the FOOL who has to go get her. On top of that she's my neice! I wake up in a sweat. What makes it worse is that I oftem work on steep, tall roofs. Sometimes I feel like I'm about to freeze up but that is the worse mistake I could make. On top of all that I'm not built for roof walking. I'm top heavy. Roof walkers are generally short and skinny, low center of gravity. I'm tall and big-chested. I have the nasty preminition that I'm going to fall some day. I can feel it.

Have you ever scene Clint Eastwood and George Kennedy sitting on top of that tall skinny rock spire in The Eiger Sanction? That freak's me out!

-1bigsteve (o:

Old 08-23-2005, 11:20 PM
1bigsteve
Senior User
Talking

Originally Posted by Tomcat7742
Take a couple tea spoons of Motorcraft 5w-30 full synthetic blend. If you still have any bad dreams, try something a little thicker.

- Chris

I find a tablespoon of 140 weight gear oil cures me when I get the urge to buy a piece of junk.

-1bigsteve (o:

Old 08-24-2005, 12:31 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
If there's a railing, I don't have a problem with heights.

Usually...

Most of my nightmares involve the military, but they're usually strange rather than terrifying. Like being on a ship again for some reason, and not having the right uniforms. For some reason it never occurs to me that I'm retired...

Old 08-24-2005, 01:51 PM
Jerrybo66
Elder User
Originally Posted by 1bigsteve
* I have the nasty preminition that I'm going to fall some day. I can feel it.

Have you ever scene Clint Eastwood and George Kennedy sitting on top of that tall skinny rock spire in The Eiger Sanction? That freak's me out!

-1bigsteve (o:
* I strongly suggest you don't get yourself in the situation where you may take a dive. Some times our guts are smarter than our brains. It's a primeval sense that helped species perceive danger and survive. I spent some Hellish days working on roofs when I was young because I didn't want to admit I was afraid. Now that I'm older and have a little more sense, (little is the right word here), I'll never fall off a roof because I refuse to get up on one. I can't go to a rail at the Grand Canyon and it makes my butt pucker to see little kids running loose.

How about the old picture of the Model A on a jutting finger at the Canyon and the guy sitting on the edge with his feet hanging over. I've always envied people that had no fear of high places....

Old 08-24-2005, 04:11 PM
ChurchTurtle
Elder User
After a particularly poor choice of late-night snacking I often dream of going back to work at the place I worked prior to working here. I had a boss that wanted to get rid of me in the worst way, but he didn't want me to have an unemployment claim so he just made my life as misearble as he could with the hope that I would eventually quit. (And I did, after I got my present job.)

Old 08-24-2005, 06:12 PM
1bigsteve
Senior User
Talking

Originally Posted by Jerrybo66
* I strongly suggest you don't get yourself in the situation where you may take a dive. Some times our guts are smarter than our brains. It's a primeval sense that helped species perceive danger and survive. I spent some Hellish days working on roofs when I was young because I didn't want to admit I was afraid. Now that I'm older and have a little more sense, (little is the right word here), I'll never fall off a roof because I refuse to get up on one. I can't go to a rail at the Grand Canyon and it makes my butt pucker to see little kids running loose.

How about the old picture of the Model A on a jutting finger at the Canyon and the guy sitting on the edge with his feet hanging over. I've always envied people that had no fear of high places....

I've been thinking of a way of getting off these stinking roofs. I'm good at stock trading and make alot of money when I have the time to do it but that is not very often. I'm trying to make the switch. It is not so much the height I am afraid of it's the fear of falling from it. If I know there is no chance of falling I don't worry so much about the height. There is nothing on a steep roof to grab if you start slidding. You just go off.

Have you ever been to Yosemite? There is a place called Glacier Point. You stand there and look 3500 feet straight down! There are old photos of old cars parked on Overhanging Rock, which is a rock about eight feet wide sticking out over the edge, with a dozen men and women in the car and sitting on the edge of this rock. If they slip there is NOTHING to stop them from falling! There are photos of stunt men doing back flips on this rock, two women (circa 1895) doing the high kick on the rock and even a guy laying on the end of a small log that is being weighted down at the other end by two women sitting on it. I freak out just looking at these photos of these idiots.

One evening I went up to Glacier Point and saw a guy by himself looking down over the railing. I came up behind him and said: "Kind of make's you want to jump don't it? This poor guy nearly had a major sh#t fit. He just knew this big guy was going to throw him off that edge. He hollard "NO!" and ran as fast as he could on those rubbery legs of his. I didn't mean to scare the poor guy. He probably had to change his pants. I probably ruined his vacation. I laugh about that now and then. I still feel bad about that but it was funny. At least to me. Am I mean or what?

-1bigsteve (o:

Old 08-24-2005, 08:40 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

1bigsteve, that's funny.

I've been to Glacier Point many times. I just don't trust that flimsy rail.

I'm a bonafide acrofobic. I'm OK being up high in confined spaces; but out in the open, forget it.

A buddy of mine got a special tour on top of the Golden Gate Bridge towers. No thanks.

No, not mean, just a sense of humor.

Wish I remembered my dreams.

Maybe I should eat before I go to bed? Naw.

Doesn't go with the guidelines of "the " book.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:42 PM
F15090300
Elder User
Originally Posted by 1bigsteve
I still feel bad about that but it was funny. At least to me. Am I mean or what?
Yeah, you big jerk

I always have a dream that I'm late to work. Now that's a scary dream. I like my job.

Quick Reply: I REALLY Need to Watch What I Eat Before Bedtime!!