Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Posting Guru

john112deere is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
anyone from the bangor area?

Hi
I will be going to UMaine Orono this fall, and taking my 2wd Ranger with me. Can anyone from around there or familiar with the area tell me what the roads tend to be like in the winter? Will I need chains? Buying snow tires is not really an option at the moment. I am from MA, so I do have a little experience driving this truck in snow.

Thanks,
Ian
Old 08-24-2005, 09:01 AM
NH Chapter Lead Pawn

7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all
Don't know the Bangor area(mostly Portland and south) but the roads up there tend to be a dit frost heaved. As long as they keep the roads clean I don't see you havigna problem except maybe for driving in the thick of a storm. I am not positive but chains might be illegal. I know in some areas thay are illegal but it might just be a town or county thing.

There are a few guys from Maine on here who would have a better idea of what goes on up there. From my experience southern ME, NH, and northern MA all get the same stuff pretty much.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:06 AM
Senior User

dsldandually is starting off with a positive reputation.
dont worry about wasting $$$ on chains make sure you have good all season M&S tires if you want to get fancy you could get a set of studded snows then go to Home Depot and get yourself a couple tubes of sand for added weight plus if you get stuck on some ice or hard pack you can sprinkle in down to get better traction.Welcome to Maine
1999 F-150, 6" sus. lift 35" Pro-Comps
Old 09-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Freshman User

THE_blue_ONE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yea I live right in Bangor. It can get pretty nasty. I dont think you need chains tho. I see people get around all the time in 2wd's with no problem. As long as you dont have bald tires like dsl said get some rock salt and sand to throw in your truck and a shovel is nice in some situations.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:28 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter