Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Electrical Systems/Wiring
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2005, 03:19 PM
New User

bestspectre is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool 1976 F150 Ignition Switch pin out.

I have this 1976 F150 360cid 4X4 that I use here on the ranch as a work truck. I loaned it to one of my tenants to do some work and they lost the key. They said that to have a locksmith make a new key would cost more than putting in a new ignition switch. It now needs a new switch anyway because the idiots had used a screwdriver to try and force the switch. I told them to do whatever they needed to do to get it back running. Things went from bad to worse when they were taking the old ignition housing out. They cut the wires to the plug to the housing instead of just unpluging it and in the process pulled some of the pins out of the plug. No telling where the missing pins went with their color codeing. Can anyone get me a picture of the back of the ignition switch plug with the color of the wires visable. My wiring diagram shows where the colors go but has nothing to indicate which pins on the switch they go to. Needless to say whenever this idiots wants to borrow something, anything. the answer is alway NO!! Without even thinking. Which is what happened in the first place. I sure need my truck back running and I will be greatly appreciative of anyone who can help. Please email the Pics to me at bestspectre@yahoo.com

Jim
Old 08-23-2005, 05:25 PM

Franklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant future
If nobody replies, you may have to ring it out with an ohmmeter and the wiring diagram.

1989 F250 XLT Diesel
Old 08-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Post Fiend

subford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud of
Is this what you want.
wire 977 goes under the WWW.Ford-trucks.com, I'll give more room next time.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Electrical Systems/Wiring

Tags
1976, bestspectreyahoocom, circuit, diag, diagram, f150, ford, ignition, keys, lost, removal, swicth, switch, truck, wiring