Alaska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Have you seen the "Spotter's Cards"?

Old 08-27-2005, 02:06 AM
Twin Tritons
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you seen the "Spotter's Cards"?

I found a great tool to possibly get more locals to FTE. If you mouse over "Members" at the top of the page then click on "Spotter's Cards", it will take you to a page which can be printed out. The page contain little cards which you can leave on Ford trucks which you may see around town.

Do you think this would work to attract new members? Or would it make most people upset?

Old 08-27-2005, 11:29 AM
resqdawg3
Senior User
I think it might work, but maybe we should write our username on there somewhere so they can look us up when they register?

Old 08-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Twin Tritons
More Turbo
I was thinking something like that also. How about a URL directly to the Alaska forum? Maybe even some sort of prize for the member who gets the most new member by handing out Spotter's Cards.

Old 08-27-2005, 09:39 PM
resqdawg3
Senior User
Hmmm..... The URL thing is a good idea! That way they will know where to find us. Good idea!

I think that the only way we could accurately do the prize thing would be to ensure that when the new member signs up that when he/she makes an intro post, that they state who their "Sponsor" is. Either that, or when they apply for the Chapter membership.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:50 PM
mlb4966
Posting Guru

I like the idea of having a link to the AK section and a FTE Membership name on it. I saved the PDF and will try to tweek it at work since we have a PDF writter there. I will then send out a copy to both of you. I was also thinking of adding an overlay of Alaska Map on it. I try some different ideas.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:12 PM
WilliesSD250
Laughing Gas
I was thinking, couldn't you write your unique "referral" id on the back of the spotter card?. You might even be able to do a cut and paste and put it down on the bottom of each one too. Just a thought. That way you get referral credit with FTE also. Maybe we could get something set up the same way with the Alaska Chapter?

Search this Thread