Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2005, 02:31 PM
Senior User

funzjb1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question looking for alternative fuel.... veggy

Has anyone here swicthed there 96 PSD direct injection 7.3 to run on veggie oil??? I am looking to do it. Been reading websites late into the night on this and I would like to talk to someone (personaly) that has actually done this! I am thinking of building my own tank to place under frame( like the stock look). I have seen 44dieselrod's webpics and have more questions? Does the glycerine really make the oil "stringy" would more oil changes help? why does he have the"checkvalves" everywhere? you can email me direct at funzjb1@sbcglobal.net
If you have to change Injectors.... to what???
Has anyone ever tried The Diesel Secret www.dieselsecret.com/products.htm
I ordered their starter kit $50.00 (but scares me no phone access to them and email gets returned. even tried to call the number on the side of the ambulace in their testimonials and no answer ???)stay tuned for report.

96'F-250 extend cab PSD 7.3 turbo diesel 8"lift 38" superswampers (3.55 gears),edge powerprogrammer,Airaid home made air intake (nice)$60.00 pic coming soon. coming up on 160,000 miles had since 19,000
Old 08-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Senior User

rosa70 is starting off with a positive reputation.
http://www.hydrogenappliances.com/oilsys2.html

Try the link above. Im trying to find someone close to them check it out.
LEt me know.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Senior User

funzjb1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok I checked out website (wow) sounds great. will investigate further and update you.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Senior User

ONe thing I wanted to add was if anyone is near this person they talk about owning a Ford Diesel using this system. Seems like the easiest /fastest way to make fuel for our trucks so its worth checking out.

Our companies Ford truck uses a 95% waste oil to 5% Diesel full ratio

in the summer and an 80% to 20% ratio in the winter to avoid "gelling".
Old 08-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Senior User

Okay the company that sells the product is not in CA but in LA. So anyone in Louisiana that wants to check this out let me know.

HORNET WIND
235 N. AIRLINE HWY
GONZALES, LA 70737

Ph. 225-647-2171 - You must ask for Sandy

If anyone near there let me know and would like to check it out.
Thanks.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Senior User

Clint40 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just recieved my kit from DSE and also will be trying their system. I am doing some more homework before I actually put together the system but think it sounds pretty good to, hope not to go to be true. If it does do as they say I will be happy, but here in Michigan the cold months will cost a bit more but not to much by what they say.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Posting Guru

edub32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
For those using Diesel Secret, PLEASE update us on everything.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:19 AM
New User

EvilTwin v2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I also just ordered the DSE starter kit. I don't have a diesel truck yet, but I do have access to a couple diesel engines. I'll buy a truck once I know whether or not it'll be practical to use Veggie oil for fuel or not.

I've also looked into the Nomad kit from www.greasel.com.
Old 08-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Internet Brands

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
...Welcome EvilTwin v2, to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Take a moment to read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand this site.

We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 08-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Posting Guru

edub32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2
I also just ordered the DSE starter kit. I don't have a diesel truck yet, but I do have access to a couple diesel engines. I'll buy a truck once I know whether or not it'll be practical to use Veggie oil for fuel or not.

I've also looked into the Nomad kit from www.greasel.com.
EvilTwin v2, will you be using the Diesel secret on a 7.3 Powerstroke? I'd really like to know how everything turns out if you are.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:06 AM
New User

EvilTwin v2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edub32
EvilTwin v2, will you be using the Diesel secret on a 7.3 Powerstroke? I'd really like to know how everything turns out if you are.
I don't have the truck yet, but we're split between a 1999/newer 7.3 PSD or 2003/newer Cummins.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
[/B]Warning-----please please please investigate the cost of doing the veggie conversion on your direct injection verses the cost of making biodiesel. Veggie requires you to stop and start the truck on reg dez or bio and have a seperate heated tank. You can turn 100 gal of used veg with 10 gal of racing fuel into 100 gal of 100 percent biodiesel and 10 gal of glycerin ( soap) A simple home brew requires a couple of barrels and an old waterheater on all the instructions are online..3 hrs equals 38 to 55 gallons in a small system..and you can sell it to your friends for .70 to 1.00
Old 08-28-2005, 02:16 PM
New User

cprescott is starting off with a positive reputation.
Interesting topic and one I've been looking into myself. Most of you seem a bit further along in your investigating this conversion so maybe you could bring me up to speed. From what little I've learned so far Any diesel engine can be converted to a "Bio-diesel" Engine. And it sounds as though its not that difficult a procedure. Although I'm not sure who offers this procedure as of yet..I've heard you can have it done for about $400-500 dollars. I live in Wisconsin and have found a school in Madison that offers what I believe is a 6-week course in how to perform this conversion. So far the only draw back I've heard is finding a way to keep the veggie fuel heated especially in colder climates. This would have to somehow include heated fuel tank/lines engine block etc...
Old 08-28-2005, 08:08 PM
Posting Guru

444dieselrod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would suggest the Bio, for its easy of use. just pour it in, but I am lil stuborn, so I had to do it the hard way. so far I have had no problems running a mix of WVO/diesel in a 75/25 mix. more WVO then diesel. add 6 oz of diesel kleen for kicks. one problem with bio and an OBS truck is the seals in the fuel system, and the hoses. I think the Sd have viton seals. the left over methane will eat it, use vition seals, if they are not already in the truck. I forget when they started using them in the factory

hopefully by winter I will have the full convertion done. with heated tank and all. for now I am still using the stock fuel system. have the WVO part done, just not using it yet.

Cost of a set of Swamps babies is $800. Diesel here is $2.55 a gallon. $800 div. by $2.55 = 313 gallons of fuel, @ 15 MPG = 4705 miles. I think I have put on 2000 miles on my mix of WVO/diesel. so I am half way to a set of free injectors in saved fuel. Yes there are issues with the oil getting a build up in it, but it is still unkown if it is from the WVO, or just built up gunk in the motor coming loose. WVO is a very good cleaning agent, believe it or not. other then the nasty build up it leaves in the truck when dried, it cleans real well when liquid, and washed off quickly. That is the reason I will not use synthetic on the WVO truck. just dump the oil out at 5K and start with new stuff.

Here is a link to the Check valve's there the big grayish things in between the brass fittings. just barely visible, on the far left. my buddie found them for me, I have since found smaller ones, with a flare fitting on them, so I dont have to use as much pipe to make them work.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...44494482BOWjfr

Diesel Rod
'99 Jetta TDI, 5-SPD.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Posting Guru

kennedyford is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is NO CONVERSION to run biodiesel, just put it in your tank....The only CONVERSION is to run svo also known as VEGGIE OIL. Just take the veggie and turn it into bio at your own house. Troy
Old 09-03-2005, 05:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels