Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2005, 03:29 PM
New User

63FalconVan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up Found this site!!!

Hey all!
Glad I found this site for us Econoline freaks. I've got a '63 Falcon Club Wagon, been in the desert all its life. Doing some cool stuff to it currently. It is turning into the "Moblie Tiki Surf Wagon" Working my way inside-out with it currently. Interior is a combination of bamboo woods, hibiscus flower print, and lots of classic retro surf memorabillia from the '60's. This thing is going to be awesome!! Building it also to be able to pull and '60's "Canned Ham" trailer, which will also be decked out in surf theme. Probably, a 13, to 15 ft trailer.
I'll have to upgrade the motor to a 300cu, and install a disk brake kit soon

Well that's about it for now!

Any other cool Econo sites?

Thanks!!! Bill Gordon ohsurf@***.net
Old 08-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
...Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! Please read the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand this site.

We are happy to have many freaks here....haha
Stick around someone will be by shortly to answer your question.
We are happy you have chosen the best source for Fords!

Enjoy FTE....and
JOIN CLUB FTE -SUPPORT THE FORUMS!
…..See you on the boards.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 08-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Postmaster

66gpw has a good reputation on FTE.66gpw has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome aboard. I see your way down south and I'm up in the great white north.Canada.
I have 3 econo trucks and enjoyed working and driving them. Hope to get at them again soon. This site has been helpful to me not only with my econo's but my other trucks also. I have made some new local friends that share an interest in the ford trucks in my area. As is I think you will also. We have tried to do a local show and shine, but could not get anything set, but will try later. So many shows to go too.
Have fun with your van and meeting new fans and get out to your local car shows and shines.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:42 PM
New User

Thanks for the Welcome. Engine Swap in Econoline?

Glad to have found this site.!!

Gonna be a great resource.

Oh by the way!!

Has anyone here ever done a motor swap with the older Econoline's '61-'63?

I have a 170cu was wondering about upgrading motor and tranny.

250cu? or 300cu? Do the they mount up?

Want to pull a '60's Retro trailer with

Thanks,, Bill Gordon
Old 08-18-2005, 11:44 PM
New User

Thanks fo the welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66gpw
Welcome aboard. I see your way down south and I'm up in the great white north.Canada.
I have 3 econo trucks and enjoyed working and driving them. Hope to get at them again soon. This site has been helpful to me not only with my econo's but my other trucks also. I have made some new local friends that share an interest in the ford trucks in my area. As is I think you will also. We have tried to do a local show and shine, but could not get anything set, but will try later. So many shows to go too.
Have fun with your van and meeting new fans and get out to your local car shows and shines.
Thank you very much!! We'll keep in touch!!

Bill Gordon
Old 08-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Junior User

46achers is starting off with a positive reputation.
A friend of mine installed a 302 in a 63 Econoline Van about ten years ago. It'll go in, BUT is a tight fit...he sure could fool a lot of people with it.
Unfortunately both him and the van are no more.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:55 AM
New User

FALCON VAN DAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a 1963 Ford Falcon van with the 170 6 cylinder.........what a blast to drive!! It has a set of deep dish old school slotted mags and low profiles...I have $450 invested and plan on restoring it to as close to stock as possible right down to the 6 volt electrical system. You know I have to keep the deep dish mags on it though because it looks to cool!! If anyone has links or a heads up on parts for these it would be much appreciated.... Thanx
Old 01-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Junior User

butch h is starting off with a positive reputation.
Won't be stock w/six volt electrics.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Postmaster

66gpw has a good reputation on FTE.66gpw has a good reputation on FTE.
I was wondering about that. My 64 has 12 volt and the manual I have on 61 does not show a 6volt either. Falcon Van Dan may need to double check resorces first. It would be better if he kept it a 12 volt sytem.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Postmaster

jschira is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCON VAN DAN
I have a 1963 Ford Falcon van with the 170 6 cylinder.........what a blast to drive!! It has a set of deep dish old school slotted mags and low profiles...I have $450 invested and plan on restoring it to as close to stock as possible right down to the 6 volt electrical system.
Ford went to 12v in '56.

The Falcon/Econoline never had a 6 volt system. Nor did any other '63 Ford.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:15 PM
New User

FALCON VAN DAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just seeing if people are paying attention out there........ No, I must have had a brain gas!! Thanks for setting me straight though. The guy I bought it from sold me two vans and said the 1963 was 6 volt, so I went with it. See where that got me... Everyone saying that guys a dumb rear.

Last edited by Jimbare; 01-18-2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: language
Old 02-05-2007, 05:49 PM
New User

ianmitchangela is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi,am looking to buy either apanel van or clubwagon,do you know of any for sale.E-mail me please to ianmitchangela@aol.com,Cheers for now Ian
Old 02-09-2007, 06:39 AM
Junior User

Texas Cop Car is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46achers
A friend of mine installed a 302 in a 63 Econoline Van about ten years ago. It'll go in, BUT is a tight fit...he sure could fool a lot of people with it.
Unfortunately both him and the van are no more.
The tough part of driving one of these vans is you are always the first person at the scene of you accident.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:39 AM