Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

Greywolf should lead, he started the Chapter

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Nightrain
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greywolf should lead, he started the Chapter

I want to address everyone with a sincere apology from the deepest depths of inner-me. Alot has been going on, and I have rudely only had time to visit FTE in times of needing help with my vehicles.

Here's what's going on;

A recent lay-off at my place of employment has had me stuck looking for jobs. Everything just seemed to all happen at once. I'm having problems with my F-250, I've had to sell my Bronco II, etc. The walls are coming together, but I'm beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

It seems that my lay-off came at just the right time, though. I am meeting with a local recruiter for the Army at the end of this month. It is something that I have always wanted to do, and it's now my duty. Alot of sincere thinking and good-to-honest talks with God have led me to my decision. This is my duty.

I am enlisting as full-time. Mechanics has always been my most acquired skill, and I want to take it to the next level by joining the military. It's all time for this to happen.

But, enough about this.

What I want is the best for the FTE Tennessee Chapter. The best doesn't happen with me, since I have already failed so terribly. I feel so bad about what has happened, and I have decided to step down from the Chapter Leader for Tennessee.

Greywolf has already put forth so much more time and effort than me, and I am only most-grateful for this. Wolfie is the best, and he is who is meant to lead this Chapter. In my opinion, I believe that he is the one that needs to lead the show.

It's all up to this Chapter to decide who will be the leader. As for now, I am resigning from the chair that it seems I never sat in.

I hope that no one blames me for my decision, as it is only the best. Also, do know that I am sincerely sorry for failing you all.

Godspeed to the FTE Tennessee Chapter, and Farewell.

Nightrain

Last edited by Nightrain; 08-09-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FAREWELL MY FUZZY BEHIND! YOU SAVED what I began WHEN I WAS in the service.

No matter where you go, no matter where an ARMY career takes you, I FOR ONE want you to know that you are ALWAYS ONE OF US.

I want you to think of us in BOOT CAMP, and know that we support YOU.

I want you to know that when and if you can access the internet WE ARE HERE FOR YOU.

I want you to know that I appreciate EVERYTHING you have done, and that I know well that sometimes the crock at the end of the rainbow is NOT filled with what we thought it was.

I want to put an annex onto the TN Chapter web page of people of OURS who are serving our country and the world, and I will put your name on it myself.

True volunteers, and people who DO NOT FAIL.

You have not failed anyone. You have been rained upon, dumped on by circumstance, and picked a direction!

You are more one of us than ever.

We will think of you always, and as for me I am sorrowed to hear how things have gone for you, but gladdened that you are joining the greatest fraternity in the world - the Armed Forces of the USA.

I only wish you had contacted me sooner, I knew something was wrong. If you are stationed in the continental USA after basic, I would love to come out and see you! I can do that - I have a permanent ID!!!!

Life at first will be rough, but you're a TENNESSEE MAN, and a good'n.
Shoot straight, and listen well. What you have decided to do can not be done by many.

YOU DID NOT FAIL.
You saved us.
This chapter is still here because of what you did for it.

~GREYWOLF
AT1(AW) Jacobs USN (RET'd)

It has also ocurred to me that if we have people from TN that are forward deployed we will one day soon need a coordinator and project planner to do things for them. The mail still works - we can send care packages and track our members abroad.

Selfish of me to put that in here, I know.

NIGHTRAIN? Don't forget us. We care about you. HONEST
There is absolutely nothing for you to apologise for.
Another man would have done nothing at all

MAKE SURE THE SCHOOL(S) ARE GUARANTEED IN YOUR CONTRACT.

If you ever need help with family or home problems while you are away - TELL us. Someone trustworthy and nearby will help. We take care of our own, or I WILL know the reason why not. Go myself, if I can get there....

Last edited by Greywolf; 08-09-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
When do you ship out?

Old 08-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Nightrain
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Greywolf. That makes me feel better. I want you to carry the torch on from here, though.

I will stay in touch best I can. I want to be a part of this as much as anyone, as long as time permits. I will drop in when time permits.

I don't have the specifics yet. I've spoke with the recruiter, and I'm going to do the ASVAB the 30th of this month. He said that all of the paperwork would be processed the 31st, and I'd be in. From there, I don't know what happens. But don't worry, I WILL know before I sign any contract(s).

Greywolf, I'd like to speak with you on a personal level about this. Check your PM's, if you would.

Nightrain

Old 08-10-2005, 08:33 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Score well, my friend. You might see if there is any kind of practice ASVAB you can try.

I will never forget the nasty hangover I had when I took that test. But fifteen years later I was still getting bugged by career counselors because I scored so dang high.
If I had been a year younger when I joined, they'd have sent me off to be a Nuke Tech. I dunno what would have happened, but I'm glad things worked out the way they did.

PM read and replied to by the way, I had to take off the original message that was quoted in it because I went about 599 words over the PM systems limit in the reply.

Future reference: The max in a PM is 6,000 characters.

Old 08-10-2005, 02:56 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
The part of the test where you have a ridiculous # of questions to answer in a matter of minutes is to see if you would make a good staff member, AKA pencil pusher. I scored very high in electronics and mechanics, I didn't enlist, I was a junior in high school, boy did all the armed forces want me after that test, I recieved letters for years, even found me when I moved out. There is a Marine motor pool in Knoxville, that is the branch I would join, no interest in the Army, but the pay is better in the Air Force.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I wish I could change the name of this thread.

Jake is a great guy.

If I find out I can do it - I will.

Old 08-13-2005, 09:20 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightrain
Thanks, Greywolf. That makes me feel better. I want you to carry the torch on from here, though.

I will stay in touch best I can. I want to be a part of this as much as anyone, as long as time permits. I will drop in when time permits.

I don't have the specifics yet. I've spoke with the recruiter, and I'm going to do the ASVAB the 30th of this month. He said that all of the paperwork would be processed the 31st, and I'd be in. From there, I don't know what happens. But don't worry, I WILL know before I sign any contract(s).

Greywolf, I'd like to speak with you on a personal level about this. Check your PM's, if you would.

Nightrain
You have done one hell of a job with the chapter, take pride in that...

Old 08-13-2005, 09:54 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightrain

What I want is the best for the FTE Tennessee Chapter. The best doesn't happen with me, since I have already failed so terribly. I feel so bad about what has happened, and I have decided to step down from the Chapter Leader for Tennessee.

I hope that no one blames me for my decision, as it is only the best. Also, do know that I am sincerely sorry for failing you all.

Godspeed to the FTE Tennessee Chapter, and Farewell.

Nightrain
First off you did not fail, you stepped up and filled a position that needed to be filled, and you did a good job of it, but things change in life , remember this.no need to say you failed be cause you did not.

Please don't be a stranger here in the chapter, post when you can and let all of us know how things are going .

next Congrats on taking on next challage The military and serving your country. please stay in touch and let us know its going, and pics of military trucks are cool even better with females in them anyway good luck.

Old 08-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Ray - you see it just like I do. And beyond everything else - he came back to us!

I stand for Nightrain all the way. If it was not for him, the chapter would have folded long ago. NOW we are off to a new start, and I want it to be with the full knowlege that we could not have done it if he had not stepped in while I was away!

Now it's OUR turn to be there for one of our own.

May we provide a close-up view of HOME for all of our forward deployed and stationed away PEOPLE.

Always...