Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Senior User

94 1/2 stroker is starting off with a positive reputation.
alternate to bio-diesel

I was searching the net for bio-diesel and found Diesel Secret Energy. They say that you can produce it for .46 cents a gallon. No convertion needed to run this fuel. Has anyone used or heard of anyone using this. Almost sounds to good to be true. Check out www.dieselsecretenergy.com. Sorry I dont know how to set up links so gotta do it the hard way. Diesel just went to $2.44 gallon here so I am really considering this, what do the rest of you think??
Old 08-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Elder User

Max1775 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can't find that page. Got a different link?

Max
Old 08-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Senior User

94 1/2 stroker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry! Try www.dieselsecret.com
Old 08-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Postmaster

WA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to all
Man, I read there whole site. It almost sounds to good to be true. If I had an extra $40 lying around I would order there "kit" and see what happened. We ought to start a "task force" with donations to test these kind of products.
7.3L, Termi-T1000,38R,RR Plenum Inserts, DP F5, 5"exh., 6"Spring Super Lift,RDP SS BL, RDP 650M dash,EV2's, TCT Trans, DFA RR, TYMAR, H&H, 6.0 IC, REDHEAD,D60,XRF BJ, Glock 21, and some things I forgot......
Work/Hunting/Family Truck.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Elder User

Max1775 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I found the site and read it too. Sounds very interesting. I wish I knew of someone who had tried it, just always afraid of getting scammed. May be worth the relatively small investment though. Wonder how it would work with mods...

Max
Old 08-12-2005, 02:45 PM
Freshman User

SoCalDieselFan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Its all great ... until you find out they recommend you change all your fuel line seals and rubber ... as a good freind of mine read the very fine minutia.

Additionally - as Kwikk pointed out in one of my other threads or replied to a post ... where does all the skanky Glycerin go? Water?

All the nasty junk in WVO gets magically eliminated by pouring a few drops of the DieselSecret juice? If this stuff worked like the magic potion they describe, theyd be able to afford a better website, and this would be in every auto parts store known to man.

Ive yet to hear of a member here or elsewhere using it. Until proven otherwise ... despite my initial excitement ... I'm calling BS on this alternative. Chemistry and Science are ... well, Chemistry and Science - not magic.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Posting Guru

edub32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
This is very interesting....I'm half tempted to just buy the starter kit. So if I'm understanding this right...you first have to filter it just like you would a heated dual tank system??? I would probably heat it up too to get some of the water out. It just seems like it is a fuel additive and it will lower the gel point.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Junior User

opnekryan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yea, the video's on that site look really cheaply made, like someone edited it on their home computer!! And like my dad use to say... "If it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is to good to be true"!
Old 08-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Freshman User

Mazellan819 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wouldn't spent $40 on their paid actors word! I can do better videos on my cell phone!!! lol I agree if its too good to be true then it probly is.

M
Old 08-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Elder User

BuickTurbo is starting off with a positive reputation.
"Our German Technician grew up in Germany".....ok, now that's priceless. I would have kept reading if it said "Our German technician grew up in Deluth."
Old 08-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Postmaster

WA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to allWA.Ranger is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazellan819
I wouldn't spent $40 on their paid actors word! I can do better videos on my cell phone!!! lol I agree if its too good to be true then it probly is.

M
LMAO.....I was trying to be nice, but I do believe that this is 100% grade A BS.
This is the pinnacle of the "snak oil" market.
7.3L, Termi-T1000,38R,RR Plenum Inserts, DP F5, 5"exh., 6"Spring Super Lift,RDP SS BL, RDP 650M dash,EV2's, TCT Trans, DFA RR, TYMAR, H&H, 6.0 IC, REDHEAD,D60,XRF BJ, Glock 21, and some things I forgot......
Work/Hunting/Family Truck.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Senior User

62 red truck is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm saving my $40 to put toward the 60 mpg carb that the oil companys have bought up.I think they should release it before long now that everything is F/I. Used this in another post today still makes me laugh.Larry
18" WHEELS
Old 08-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Posting Guru

edub32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anyone know what this stuff actually does???? I'm thinking it is just like a winter diesel additive to lower the gel point.? What do you guys think?
Old 08-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Senior User

DR JOE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did any one notice that there is NO home address for the company??? The phone area code is in Louisiana so that limits it down to smaller part of the state. Buyer beware!!!
If any that lived thru the 1970 oil crisis knows that there were hundreds of fuel saving products out there to be bought. And they all worked... hahahaha
Old 08-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Junior User

bronco252 is starting off with a positive reputation.
This has got to be a hoax.....Can one of you guys from Louisiana verify that??? I tried a reverse on the telephone number and it doesn't seem to be a working number...
Old 08-15-2005, 01:48 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
2004, biodiesel, cab, complaints, crew, diesel, energy, f150, f350, ford, lariat, review, secret, upgrade, witchita