Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Illinois Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: KOESTNER

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Junior User

stroked250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any one have lift law woes?

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...ehicle+Code%2E

Click the link, then search for "Suspension System". You will see the laws for Illinois. Anyone been hassled in Ill over them? I have been stopped twice. Once in my old Dodge and once in the Ford. Both in DeKalb by State Troopers. One wanted to see the truck, one hassled me, I was about the limit at the time. Now I am a bit over!

Anyone have probs??? IF so where?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Elder User

Fastronald is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lifted

I had a new 1980 F - 250 4X4 lift kit, Monster Mudders, the works. The cops in Orland Park used to hassle us endlessly. Between bumper height bull ***** to no mud flaps. I took two full size mud flaps from a tractor trailer and bolted them on.
I drove to Orland and stopped at the Police station and asked if these were big enough? No one had an answer for me.............I made a point to drive through Orland and bring a headache to the cops there over it.

Fastronald

To ALL my fellow Veterans, Thanks!

U.S. Army 1971 - 1974

Founding F.T.E. Illinois Chapter Leader - 2004 - 2005
Old 10-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Freshman User

powerstrokin97 is starting off with a positive reputation.
If i read that correctly, it looks as though there are quite a few exemptions to the law when it comes to agricultural equipment. So i wonder, could a person go to the local farm and fleet or rual king and buy a little 12v sprayer like you would put in a lawn cart to pull behind a lawn tractor, and bolt it down in my bed and call it a sprayer rig?

08' F-350 CC 4x4: 6.4l Powerstroke, Auto., Afe Stage2 intake, DPF/CAT delete, RCD tuned sct livewire.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Senior User

SuperdutyRob is starting off with a positive reputation.
I only have a 6.5 in lift on my superduty. I was pulled over on 90 near randall because the cop saw me, and thought my truck was unsafe. He lectured me for ten minutes. I was polite to him, but I really wanted to tell him to kiss my ***. My truck handles far better than my stock 01 cheroke. It's a bunch of bs
Old 10-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Senior User

SuperdutyRob is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for this info stroked!
Old 11-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Senior User

whowey is starting off with a positive reputation.
I believe the mud flap nonsense was lifted several years ago, about the same time as the fender flare law being changed. Illinois no longer requires that your tires be completely covered. However Wisconsin does. So when we go roadtripping with our Jeep Club in Wisconsin. The cops will wait until they spot a Wisconsin plate, and pull that member over. It really is a pain.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Posting Guru

Gage2502 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Gage2502 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I know this is an old post, but I'll give it a shot...So my truck is a 2005 F250 Super Duty, if I install a 4" lift and 35x12.5x17 tires that would make my bumpers...rear at 27" and front at 26". So they measure from the ground to the bottom of the bumpers?
~Gage~
Old 02-23-2011, 01:51 PM