Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

BC Ford girl moving to Ontario

Old 08-09-2005, 09:31 AM
duc_grrl
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BC Ford girl moving to Ontario

Hey guys ... can I join your Forum? And ... can you help me out with some moving questions? I'm leaving BC last week of September towing a 6500lb trailer behind my 92 F150 351W. Lost my PSD in the divorce (go figure, I'm the one with horses) and can't afford to buy another so my little old truck will have to do. I'm going to put a couple of grand into the truck before I leave so hopefully it will make it over Rogers Pass and that will be it's last big tow.

Anyhow, am I going to have to get this truck certified before registering it in Ontario? Reason I ask is that it has a custom exhaust with no cat. Anything else that's going to cause me problems registering/insuring it? What about a lift? It's been quite a few years since I've dealt with private insurance companies, any recommendations? I have this truck and an 05 Echo (part of the 6500lbs).

I'll be living in Tillsonburg -- any fun truck events nearby that I should know about? I'm looking forward to going to Cayuga again and seeing the changes of the last 15 years. I used to take my 'stang there back in the early 80's before I got into horses and trucks.

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by duc_grrl; 08-09-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:40 AM
loudfords
FTE Chapter Leader

Tillsonburg puts you solidly in my area, I'm 20 minutes north of T'burg between Ingersoll & Woodstock.

The no-cat thing shouldn't affect your safety/certified thing, it will keep you from passing the DriveClean emissions testing, and that will keep you from getting licence plates. The lift should be no problem though.

Here's a website for the emissions testing Drive Clean program: http://www.driveclean.com/

And here's the MTO website where you can do some digging around about transferring your vehicle titles to Ontario: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/visiting.htm

As far as truck events, the 2 major ones are the Canadian Truck Nationals in London every July, and the Canadian Ford & Mercury Truck Nationals in Arthur every August.

Edit: Just took a peek through your gallery, my 79 is also named Brutus! (although quite a bit smaller than yours)

Last edited by loudfords; 08-09-2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:43 PM
lil read
Junior User
there is also goffer dunes in courtland (between delhi and tillsonburg) in the spring if you like mud. also(six nations) mohawk mudfest is in the spring and one in the fall to!

Old 08-09-2005, 08:27 PM
Dealford
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
duc_grrl, Come on down!

At least that's what the Rockies are going to say to you & your half ton. You already know how to trailer through the mountains with the PSD. All you need to do with the half ton is keep your speed down so you never have to test the smaller brakes.
As far as the tow rating goes, my 97 Ranger isn't rated for any trailer never mind towing a 72 340 Duster on a tow dolly from Calgary to Toronto. Point is that your truck will do the job as long as you don't push it too hard. Mine did.
You might want to get some hi-flow cats for your truck. How's the prices out there? Do you know the Carline Muffler shop in Calgary (N.East I think) that also has a big parts store in it? You'll have to get cats on your truck to take, never mind pass, the E-test here.
Happy Trails.
AL.

Old 08-09-2005, 09:30 PM
duc_grrl
Senior User
Heh heh, yeah I know what the Rockies are going to think of me ;-)) I'll be in the right-lane lineup that I used to scoff at in my PSD.

Thanks for the links loudfords, looks like I'll have to pass right away, so better look into the high-flow cats, more good advice thanks dealford.

Any idea when the fall mudfest is lil read? I suspect I'll miss everything this year.

I'll try to get pics of Dr Jeckyll (my 92) posted and I hope he doesn't turn into Mr Hyde on the trip. Brutus is (unfortunately) the one I lost in the divorce. Ex never drove him a single day but sold him out from under me before I got the $$ from the farm to pay out the loan. We lived out of that truck for a month when we were evacuated from the forest fires in 2003. Two people, two dogs, a cat and two horses -- that truck was the absolute best.

Old 08-09-2005, 11:32 PM
lil read
Junior User
ya its a buch of guys/gals that get together at an atv park and romp through the bushes sorry to here about brutus i had a nice full size blazer i lost to my ex wife two years ago so i know how you feel

Old 08-10-2005, 06:03 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by duc_grrl
Hey guys ... can I join your Forum?
Ummm...no! No G!RLZ @LL0W3D! HA! just kidding! Sure you can join us. If you click User CP in the top left of the screen then when the new page opens click Chapter Memberships on the left side a new page will open. Scroll down to Ontario Chapter and click Join Chapter. Send me a request and I will accept you.

Good to have you aboard. Sorry about your circumstances though. Good luck.

-Matt

P.S. What these guys have told you already is correct info so you could do what they say.

Old 08-10-2005, 05:31 PM
kwboom
Senior User
If you mean the Gopher Dunes mudd fest it is on Sept. 11. I was going to be there but I still need to fix my 4x4 so I will not be able to make it this year.........

Old 08-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Beast12
Post Fiend
What's wrong with your 4x4 Mike?

-Matt

Old 08-10-2005, 10:50 PM
lil read
Junior User
there is that one and at mohawk motor sports park (oshweeken) i'm not sure when it is i'll let you know when i find out

Old 08-11-2005, 07:14 PM
kwboom
Senior User
I still have to fix the pass. side axel.....I spun the slip joint and have yet to fix it.......I have both axels out of the front right now......so I only have a 2wd Bronco for now......

Search this Thread