1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Is THIS BS or what.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 11:39 PM
BlueDolphin
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Is THIS BS or what.....

Check this out......

Last week I was out in front of my home changing a spark plug. It was around 9:00 pm. I had on a LED headlamp while doing the spark plug change. I have lived here 11 years and was one of the first to buy a home on my block when the homes were first built.

I have a homeowners association.

Here is their letter to me.

*** FIRST NOTICE ***

"Dear homeowner:

As you are aware your home is part of a planned community. The association asks that the Management Company make routine inspections of the properties to spot deviations to the governing documents and to bring maintenance issues to the homeowners attention.

IS HAS BEEN NOTED THAT YOU WERE WORKING ON A VEHICLE IN THE STREET DURING THE EVENING UNDER A BLUE LIGHT. PERFORMING REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE ON VEHICLES ON ANY PROPERTY IS PROHIBITED BY THE RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE ASSOCIATION. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM THIS ACTIVITY INDEFINITELY. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED COOPERATION IN THIS REGARD."

Is that not the most rediculous BS you have ever heard. For all my neighbor's new I was out at my truck looking for a damn CD.

This is another reason why I hate California. I need one of you to step forward and FIND ME SOME LAND somewhere's else! I wanna move! Its not so much the state as it is the people living in it.

Now I have someone telling me I can't turn a wrench even in my own garage (note* "on any property")! Unbelievable.

Anyway.... I just had to vent.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:59 PM
TBucketJack
Senior User
You should of been given a copy or the CC&R's of your HOA. Some of these are way off base, but they are in writing and enforceable. Second or third time will bring fines. I'd get a copy of the CC&R's and review them very carefully. Some of these are taken out of context. Good Luck

Old 08-09-2005, 12:14 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
California is really 3 states - a southern, a northern, and the central valley. Each area has different politics and attitudes toward life and the old rule, live and let live.

If someone sent a letter like that around our neighborhood there would be a war -

Old 08-09-2005, 12:19 AM
laynrubber
Elder User
I have heard of othe similar stories from my Mustang site......crazy
So I guess i can't mig weld and grind at 2 in the morning ??!

Old 08-09-2005, 12:22 AM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Too bad, but not uncommon here in Colorado. The middle ground is disappearing fast. A person must either live in an un-incorporated area ( low-taxes) and put up with low life, riff raff, trailer trash, hillbillies, illegals, hip-hops, and meth houses, or buy into the other extreme and put up with the BS of out of control better than thou, uppity, snooty, nosed golf cart riding, dweebs looking for ways to generate revenue for the HOA's and and pontificating their extreme views and tastes on all within the boundaries of their silly walled off developements all while polishing his ego and putting 1 more feather in his hat.. I am sad to report that Colorado is fast becoming Californicated with both people and the silly BS they bring with them when they run from the state of 500,000 dollar homes and then come here to build their 300,000 dollar monsters here. Where will I run to???? I say Sc*** your HOA , move out. Good luck. Or, use the garage.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:48 AM
BlueDolphin
Senior User
Yea... I'm looking for prop somewhere else.

I think that it is wrong CC&R's or no. I live a quiet life and bother no one..... well I guess as long as I don't go outside at night?? I only did that cause its been so damn hot lately. And I was quite as a mouse.

Once again... they are saying I can't even turn a wrench in my own garage.

SO... if ya like where you live..... and folks still wave and say hi to each other.... LET ME KNOW where that is!

Old 08-09-2005, 12:51 AM
JoeSwing78
Senior User
That is total BS, unfortunately you can't find out who ratted you out. Obviously someone with nothing to do and no life. I could understand if someone is "working" on a car, revving their motor at 7am and at 10m (had a neighbor like that) that type of behavior is annoying. Who really cares if your just tooling around, if your ride isn't in a million pieces in your yard and you're not hammering and welding things at 10pm in your driveway who cares.

California is a love hate relationship, the beaches, mountains, weather and a handful of the people I love the majority are prissy &%@$!%$##$. I live in Sherman Oaks which is 15 N of Los Angeles, I can't tell you the amount of "actor types" of people and whinny people around here. I got a ticket the day I brought home my truck for "not displaying a license plate on the front", this was after parking it for about 2 hours. I also had someone question me when I was putting the plate on at 9pm.... sigh..... Southern Californians

Old 08-09-2005, 12:54 AM
BlueDolphin
Senior User
Joeswing78... I did not even turn the engine over. I know who did it.... just would rather move than take a sledge to her noggin.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:55 AM
46yblock
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You will not have neighbor problems here. 37 acres, two homesites, three barns, one is 6500 sq. feet half of which is concrete floor, with 110, 220 and 3 phase. Also there is a covered carport with concrete floor which is about 1100 sq ft. which could be easily enclosed. All for sale in Southern Oregon.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:55 AM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a prime example why I sold my home with the associations. Not to mention having to pay the dues every month. They do have some benefits, like not allowing you neighbor to paint his house electric green. But on the hole, I hated them. It's nice not having to be delegated by the association members.

Old 08-09-2005, 12:56 AM
JoeSwing78
Senior User
Yeah thats unfortunate, no matter where you move there is always someone that feels the need to play neighborhood watch. Are you in North Ranch, near Westlake Village?... just curious

Old 08-09-2005, 12:59 AM
BlueDolphin
Senior User
46yblock... whats the $$? I heard Oregon is skyrocketed due to pressure from the Cali's.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:04 AM
BlueDolphin
Senior User
JoeSwing78....

Yes North Ranch. I live up the street from Heather Locklear/Richie Sambora, and where Will Smith USED to live. You are not too far (I work in the valley). The people here suck for the most part. Most are lacking moral fiber in a big way.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:14 AM
JoeSwing78
Senior User
Ohh well that explains it... I grew up in Westlake/Thousand Oaks! Lots of my friends lived in North Ranch so I totally know that area and the uptight people that live there. Especially the soccer moms that drive "husband bought" Hummers on 24" rims, that pay no attention to the road while on the phone. I still work in Westlake so I get the privilege to seeing those people every day. =)

You live in a great area, just not so great people all the time.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:23 AM
BlueDolphin
Senior User
Joeswing78.... hey wait a minute.... I have a Hummer...lol. Stock rims though. But I do have the roof rack and tire carrier up top and a ton of lights up on the cage!! And I like to drive it dirty just to **** em off.

The soccer mom's are the worse. They drive 60 in a 25 and are ruthless biotches for sure.

I just want to build my 3500 sq ft log style home somewheres on a few acres, and wave and say hi to my neighbors and not have them look at you like you are from mars, when you do it.

Quick Reply: Is THIS BS or what.....