My FTE Rally Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 12:57 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My FTE Rally Thread!

Well... I'm absolutely slammed with work and have another 4 day FTE related trip to make on Thursday so I'm posting my remarks in this one thread so I have a quick and easy place to participate!

My thoughts:

Greywolf --- Great to meet you! You are the one FTE member would was exactly as I pictured but you're a little less ornery in person! I wanted to name you here because you've always been a mystery to me that I wanted to meet in person!

1956MarkII, aka, Jeff - Great presentation and I had a nice time talking with you. Thank you for the wonderful compliments you gave to us, the Kansas chapter and everyone involved.

Kansas Chapter.... you guys and gals were great. I had a lot of fun, especially smoking cigars late into the night cutting up, some of it serious and some of it just plain laughing it up. Expect to see a lot of positive things come from these conversations, just give it a little time as I'm a little behind right now.

To the fella from Canada who drove 2500 miles, please post your user name here. I have tried in vain to remember it but I'm operating without much sleep and can't. I was moved by the compliments you made about FTE in general, and to me specificaly. It brings home what FTE is all about.

Wow... I wish I could thank everyone here by name, but there are too many!

Thanks to the vendors. You stuck with us and we won't forget it!

Thanks to those who attended. Thanks to those who volunteered with all the various things. Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome and proud of FTE's users. I just wish I had more time to spend with everyone! There is next year with some lessons learned (for one, MotorHaven probably won't be there and that will free up a bunch of time) so its only going to get better!

Old 08-02-2005, 01:38 PM
fordtruckgal
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you Ken for all that you and Peggy did, for making this happen.

Also thanks for the Founders Choice Award

Richard

Old 08-02-2005, 03:07 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Ken, thanks for having a venue to where the FTE'rs may meet face to face and get to know some whom they have talked with through their computers for a long time. I felt I knew most of these people from the forums but it was terrific to meet them in person.

I think greywolf pretty much fit what everyone thought he would be like. A great guy.

Don't know if you can look up a user name by the real name but "Gord Ouwehand" was the long distance award winner. Maybe that will help.

Old 08-02-2005, 07:43 PM
74 bronco
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Had great time and nice meeting ken and peggy.

Clint

Old 08-02-2005, 08:00 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I keep thinking about what the Rally will be like a few years from now. We'll be looking out from that giant second-floor window of the horse-track clubhouse, over all the parking lots, chock-full of Ford trucks! In the immortal words of Steve Allen and his song, this IS the start of something BIG!!

Old 08-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by webmaster
To the fella from Canada who drove 2500 miles, please post your user name here. I have tried in vain to remember it but I'm operating without much sleep and can't. I was moved by the compliments you made about FTE in general, and to me specificaly. It brings home what FTE is all about.
Ken and Rollie that would be luv_mud

Old 08-02-2005, 10:37 PM
TrimmellFord
Senior User
Greaywolf it was good to meet you and every one els that made it down. I had a great time and cant wait tell next year and get to meet so many more members that couldnt make this one.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kenny - I'd have spent more time with ya, but I figured you were busier than a one legged man at a BUTT kicking contest. (and I bet you were, too)

Ornery, dang - I been workin on that'n. Should I be more or less?

Reckon so...

I wish I'd had the chance to be at the hotel with Y'all, but was staying with Mark and all.. Prolly just as well - it kept me from being a truely BAD INFLUENCE.
Besides, the cats and Sam were so friendly.

I haven't had such a good ole time in YEARS!

BARGOD? You and your Lady are incredible people. I will never forget you...

~Wolfuss

Last edited by Greywolf; 08-02-2005 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:32 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TrimmellFord
Greaywolf it was good to meet you and every one els that made it down. I had a great time and cant wait tell next year and get to meet so many more members that couldnt make this one.
Roger bingo on that one -

"AND EVERYONE ELSE...."

These are the best people I have ever met in my whole life!