A Few Observations

Old 08-01-2005, 07:55 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Few Observations

Kansas City: GREAT town, sure not the "dust bowl" this Yankee had envisioned. I actually can see myself living there! Nice airport, too; very easy to get to and navigate in. Ticketing/ check-in/ security set an all-time land-speed record in getting me through!

The Rally: there aren't enough words. I can't remember the last time I had that much fun (don't tell the boss, as this was supposed to be a "business" trip...)! For a first-time effort, I'm absolutely amazed at what FTE pulled off in those 2 days. This will grow exponentially, year after year. Ken, Peggy, Jason and the Kansas Chapter will see to that. All of us there will proudly recall that we were lucky enough to attend the inaugural FTE Rally.

The Kansas Chapter: again, the right words fail me. These are some of the finest people I've ever met, and as I told them so many times, they could not have been better hosts. I had my reservations when it was stated that KC would be the annual home of the FTE rally, but after this weekend, I can tell you that there is NO OTHER PLACE to hold it. The Kansas Chapter gave 110%, and they did it for a bunch of out-of-town strangers they had never met in person till this weekend.

The future: I'm not afraid to predict that, in 5-10 years, this will become one of the largest truck events in the country. I feel confident that everything is in place to make that happen, save one: volunteers. As this grows, we WILL need more people to pull this off successfully. I have some experience in this area, and what makes the difference is having enough people in place for all the little jobs that need to be done. For a Rally that we can ALL be truly proud of, please offer your help. The person directing traffic out in the lot, or answering basic questions at the information booth can make all the difference in the world.

Fearing I might leave someone out, I just want to thank EVERYONE for an incredible effort, and a really great time. I could not be prouder to be a part of this group, and I look forward to our annual get-togethers. As I said to Peggy before I left, I only wish that we encounter one problem in the future: that we run out of room at The Woodlands 1,000-car parking lot, and need to find a bigger venue!

Old 08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Peties3
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said Jeff and thank you for the kind words!!!!! You too were a big help in pulling this off so Thank You!!!!!!
Mark

Old 08-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hope it takes over the kansas Speedway some time in the next ten years - AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME!

Can you picture a Craftsman sponsored "HALF TON FIVE HUNDRED"?

I can...

You were great too - give yourself due credit, Mano...

~Wolfuss

Old 08-01-2005, 09:35 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Well put Jeff and I too back you on your prediction on the growth of this event, but you left out one thing, the seminar that you put on . Great job !!!! alot of very good info.....no I said that wrong......Important info that you gave us.

i hope that you will do this again, I mean this , thank you for the time you took in preparing for it, it paid off in spades, you are a very good spokesman, you kept it light and entertaining while giving us very useful & important info .
FTE is lucky to have someone like you giving us the time that you do. once again THANK YOU!!! Please tell Kitty thank you for her support of FTE and the Rally.

Last edited by F2504x4; 08-01-2005 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:36 PM
FghtinIrshNvrDie
Postmaster
lol, wolf. I like the sound of that my friend. Also, the woodlands treated us very well. Other venues that might also be good for future growth (not in the near future) are the truman sports complex. Arrowhead stadium is a big place, and very cool. Anyway, who cares. I had fun.

As far as Kansas City... It's a GREAT metro area. There's weather for everyone! Hot, sticky summer days, all the way to bitter cold frostbiting mornings!

Ryan

Old 08-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Bargod
Posting Guru
Thanks Jeff, but to be honest, I had as much fun as the next guy. Putting this together was a lot of work for a lot of people, but in the end (no pun intended Rollie), everyone had a great time and that made it all worth it. We appreciate everyone that made it to the rally, and look forward to even more next year.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:49 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Jeff, thanks for the kind words as well as your help. I had many comments about the seminar you put on, a lot of things people did not realize. You did well and it will help all who attended.

As far as growing, I too hope to grow past a 1000 truck parking lot and the other four they have at the Woodlands. I can say that given the support and enthusiasm it will continue to grow every year.

Speaking of the woodlands, I think they did one heck of a job for us and really took care of our group. I think it would be nice if they (especially Mollie Gartland) heard from us and how much we appreciated there help.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:58 PM
FghtinIrshNvrDie
Postmaster
also... rollie. one more thing. I couldn't help but lmao when you busted that tire. I hope you're not out too much money! Sorry to see that, but it was entertaining... something to laugh at in a few months

Ryan

Old 08-01-2005, 10:00 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

that was what it was meant to be, heck I got a whole nother set of wheels and tires sitting in the garage. Wish I could find pictures or even better a video of it. LOL It's already changed out and I'm back in business.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Let "Rollie" Jr. know I found the "aftermath" vid. I'll post it up soon.

I tell ya what - that kid is sure proud of his Dad!

Tol' ya cuz he might not. I heard it from him. Kidz're like that....

Old 08-01-2005, 10:29 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Thanks Dutch that means a lot. He's a great kid and Joe is a true Ford Man. I am proud of both them boys, Joe and Donald have been a big help and I appreciate everyone that took rides with Joe so he could practice his driving.

Dutch is there a way to get those videos, I can't down load them from putfile I can just watch them.

Old 08-01-2005, 11:27 PM
fordnut1985
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff Clark, I have to say you must a made one heck of an impression, i didn't even make it to the rally but I heard lots of good things about you and even ended up with a couple really cool stickers!! If people come to me a say "fly out to New York to buy your next truck form this guy" it says alot about you man!!

Rollie, you raised a couple of great kids, you have every right to be proud of them!!

Old 08-01-2005, 11:53 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Rollie you should be proud of both of those boys! Joe was all over helping everyone when he could. Donald was busy helping everyone taxiing their trucks between events.

And let's not forget Mark's little boy, Austin. He was a pleasure to be around. Seems to be a diehard FORD fan. He also came up with some good ideas for next years Rally.