Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

QUESTION: Are TENNESSEE Ford Trucks as GOOD as Kansas Trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 12:44 AM
parks911
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maples01
If we get serious interest, I'll give the guy a call, last time only 2 people from our group showed, of coarse more interest was showed at the topic, than the day of.
I am serious & two people are better then none. This time if 2 show, then mabe next time it will be 3, 4, 5, you see what I'm saying.

I sent the Environment & Conservation Department a email inquiring about this already for the Cedars of Lebanon State Park.

Should wait till we have a Chapt. Logo first. That way we can have a run off of T-Shirts & bumper stickers to give to participants FREE just for helping out. Plus wear them while cleaning up the mess.

Old 08-07-2005, 01:02 AM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
I should have kept the guys name and number.

There are campsites there, even have some with electricity for campers, and cabins if anyone wants to stay.
Like I said, rain messed us up last time, it was in December, my wife wanted to do it again, but interest on that site was not into it.

I have a big water cooler, and some regular coolers, we can make this a big event.

Old 08-08-2005, 02:11 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It might work out just PERFECT. The problem with summertime events is that even though the kids (if you have them) are out of school - it can get seriously nasty hot outdoors, especially if there's no shade nearby.

In a month or two it should cool down a lot, and if it doesn't rain and make a mess it could actually be pretty enjoyable. Tenting over a weekend at a state park would be great, and later in the season the mosquitos die down a lot too.

Last time I did something like a camp out people stayed around the firepit until four AM just jabbering and enjoying the setting! I've got some lanterns and a few odds and ends. It sounds better the more I think about it. The one thought I was going to ask about is answered already - what to do with a couple truckloads of garbage.

I can see us re-writing "Alices Restaurant"
Quote: "So we loaded up the red 78 F100 with shovels and rakes and other implements of destruction and headed on to the city dump..."

If we pull this off, it'll be outstanding!!!