Now THAT was fun...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now THAT was fun...

Just got in from the Memphis terminal, and I believe I will be totally worthless today. Yet: I think BARGOD said PUTFILE.com was a good place to put up some of the MPEGS of the burnout contest that were shot, so I'll see if I can get some of what I have up & online.

The weather for it was perfect! I sunburnt just enough to get evenly done, I think.

Greyhound Lines will have a word or three from me though, I really think they've gone quite a ways downhill.

To all who made it:

HOO RAH! WE DID IT!!!
(Especially the Kansas Chapter - you folks are what a Chapter oughta be!!!)

~More later, I'm going no further than my own shower for right now.

Wolf

Old 08-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Streetcruzer
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Greywolf, I'm glad to see you made it home in one piece. I left the Woodlands around noon and arrived home around midnight. Unpacked the truck and then slept till 11 am.
No doubt we had a perfect weekend as far as weather and all going off without a problem. And I too want to thank the Kansas Chapter, Ken and Peg for all the work and planning they put into giving us a great weekend!

A Good Time For All,

Cruzer

Old 08-01-2005, 12:08 PM
NickFordMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I could have made it! Next yr hopefully... sounds like you guys had a blast!!
How many showed?

Old 08-01-2005, 12:11 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greywolf, glad you made it home ok. Nice to see you at the Rally, glad you could make it and take part in all the fun. Hope to see you back next year.

Old 08-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rollie Old Son -
(All 'cracks' aside)

If I do nothing else this year, I'll put together a truck to go to the next one with, even if I have to unload the house mortgage from my back to DO it.

I can always live out of an RV, RV's have possibilities for high performance. Or they will before I get done....

But really, I had a GREAT time, and my only regret is not being able to bring my own truck - regardless of how far along it was in the mod process. TOM taught us all a lesson, he was awesome, wasn't he?

Not to harp on it (much) but to be at the very first FTE rally knowing very well what it is likely to become was to stand on ground where history is being made right in front of all of us.

That's a fact, JACK!

~Wolf
(But next year I'll drink more water...)

Last edited by Greywolf; 08-01-2005 at 12:49 PM.